cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Fill word template from Powerapps form

I am creating a flow that when a form is submitted to a sharepoint list it fills in a template I made in word using quickparts. I can't use the premium connector so it needs to be done an alternative way. I have been following this tutorial https://wonderlaura.com/2019/01/09/microsoft-flow-quick-parts/. This is what I have but I don't know why it's not working. 1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG5.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @powerapps890,

To double check. You have added 2 quick parts called ReqId and FirstName to your newcr.docx file, correct?

I notice these fields are empty in your update file properties action. Try and populate those in your flow.

Correct how do I populate them? I couldn't find the option like in the tutorial @Expiscornovus 

Super User II
Super User II

@powerapps890, depends a bit on what data you want to use to populate it with? Based on your screenshots you probably want to use data from your PowerApps trigger, correct?

1. Press the dynamic value button next to the ReqID field

finddynamicvalues.png

2. Search for values from previous steps and use that to find the dynamic value from your PowerApps trigger

searchfordynamicvalues.png

I don't have an option for dynamic file content there @Expiscornovus Is my trigger correct? Then I someone put the flow on a button in powerapps to trigger this flow?

Super User II
Super User II

Hi @powerapps890,

Do you get any dynamic values from your trigger action?

Can you to validate this. As a test add a compose action right after your PowerApps trigger action and press the dynamic value icon to see which values are listed?

addcomposeaction.png

Btw, I am using the modern interface experience for dynamic values. So it could be that for you it is still under Add Dynamic Content > Dynamic Content

https://crmtipoftheday.com/1273/microsoft-flow-dynamic-content-experience/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (92,295)