cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerapps890
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Fill word template using quickparts

In my app I have a form that uses text inputs. When the submit button is hit I want that forms properties to be put into my template. I did this by using quickparts in word. Since the word connector is premium now I needed a way around it. I tried following a tutorial but I am stuck and think I might have done a few steps wrong. To clarify I haven't add the properties in quickparts yet I only have reqID because I want to make sure this method works first. The trigger here is the submit button in powerapps. Finally, what code would I put on the submit button in powerapps?

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG5.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
rocamp
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @powerapps890 ,

Once you add the Flow to the Power App, it should show you what needs to be provided to the Flow from the app. It would just be what you are asking for in the Flow.

I am not sure what this means is my trigger wrong? I ultimately want the data to be submitted by a form to a sharepoint list and then that sharepoint list to the word doc template. I dont know what to code to put on the submit button @rocamp 

@powerapps890 

If you want your Flow to trigger based on a Form submission from Microsoft Forms, then you would need to use the Microsoft Forms trigger 'When a new response is submitted'. 

rocamp
Community Support
Community Support

@powerapps890 

If you are referring to a Form in a Power App, then you need to select the submit button, at the top of the screen select 'Action', and then select 'Power Automate'. Add your Flow to the App. Then provide the function the inputs you are requesting in the Flow.

Yes, I am referring to a form in powerapps. I dont understand what you mean provide the inputs. For example say I have a form with first and last name on submit it goes to the sharepoint list. How do I tie this in with the flow so that it enters the template I made? So in my template I would have first and last name for quick parts and colums first and last name in the sharepoint list@rocamp What specifcially would I put on the submit button?

@rocamp Can you please help with this? I have yet to see a working tutorial of quickparts. I just need to automate a template from powerapps without the word premium connector.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,279)