cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zac_Cuttriss

Filling in a Form in word from excel

Hello,

I am a new user to flow (work has made me run point on exploring it's automation capabilities) and I'm starting with automation of a form generation in a Word Doc, based on data in an excel sheet (currently). on top of having basically no clue about anything to do with flow, i can't get it to look at an excel sheet on my computer. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zac_Cuttriss,

Firstly, you should create a Word template that could hold these data from the Excel file, then store it in the SharePoint library or OneDrive, then put the excel file into the SharePoint library or OneDrive, too. If you couldn't select Excel file, please check the connection of Excel connector.

There is a blog could help you how to populate a word template with repeating control by using the data extract from Excel file:

https://www.bythedevs.com/post/how-to-populate-a-word-template-with-repeating-control

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zac_Cuttriss,

Firstly, you should create a Word template that could hold these data from the Excel file, then store it in the SharePoint library or OneDrive, then put the excel file into the SharePoint library or OneDrive, too. If you couldn't select Excel file, please check the connection of Excel connector.

There is a blog could help you how to populate a word template with repeating control by using the data extract from Excel file:

https://www.bythedevs.com/post/how-to-populate-a-word-template-with-repeating-control

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you for the help - unfortunately I'm now having to do it another way, as the word functions are all premium features (which kinda feels a little like false advertising as the overviews say it can seamlessly integrate all the apps in office which leads one to believe that you get that functionality at face value). I'm re-creating the form in excel and will print it to PDF using hopefully get row from table command and then maybe UI flow stuff, scripting commands to pull data is a bit out of my knowledge base. Thanks for the help anyway!

Zac

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,270)