cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikaze
Level: Powered On

Filling outlook email or not depending on other variable when creating a contact

Hi,

I'm building a flow to create a new contact on Outlook. I am receiving the data from another source, and in this first source, sometimes there is no email to add. I tried adding this code to the "Email addresses Address - 1" cell of my flow when creating a contact: 

if(equals(triggerBody()?['Email'],''),null,triggerBody()?['Email'])

However, if the email is empty, I get this error: 

"message": "The e-mail address that was supplied isn't valid.\r\nclientRequestId: 01135e52-fe6a-4822-935c-c0d5d57d4e8f\r\nserviceRequestId: 1d1e9ac4-2b6d-4d3e-85b2-e3d6180df2e3",
If I had to check whether the email is there or not just once, I would use a condition block, but I have to check in different parts and flows and I thought I could find something easier to use in all of them. Is there an easier way to do it?

Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Filling outlook email or not depending on other variable when creating a contact

Hi @Mikaze , thank you for your post.

Whilst I think i get the gist of what you are doing and trying to acheive it'd be easier if you could post a picture of your complete Flow. Please can you do that?

Also, if some of your email fields may be blank , or empty ... try something like the below perhaps:

if(equals(not(empty(triggerBody()?['Email'])), true), triggerBody()?['Email'], '')

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Mikaze
Level: Powered On

Re: Filling outlook email or not depending on other variable when creating a contact

Thank you for your answer, @AlanPs1! I took a screenshot of that part of my flow, here is the image:

2019_04_24_11_01_39_Window.png

I tried your code and it didn't work, I get the same error message. 

Super User
Super User

Hi @Mikaze ,

With this one, please can you post the full Flow in pictures.

You are on Apply to each 3 and trying to call the email address from the trigger so i'm keen to know the trigger and what comes before etc before I advise what I would do.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,330)