cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobinV86
Helper I
Helper I

Filter Query issue: list rows present in a table

My table has several empty rows. I want my flow to ignore those. The excel column I'm testing on is called Project Reference. 

I have typed the following filters:

Project_x0020_Reference NOT ISNULL

Project_x0020_Reference NOT NULL

Project_x0020_Reference NOT ''

Project_x0020_Reference NOT [null from the expressions tab]. 

All of these return an error. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RobinV86 ,

Currently, we cannot use Filter query in Excel table to filter out empty rows with the specified field value.

You could use Filter array or Condition to filter out non-empty rows. Don't need to configure the parameters on the right.

Image reference:

60.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

You have a few options, a Filter Query or a Filter Array. If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RobinV86 ,

Currently, we cannot use Filter query in Excel table to filter out empty rows with the specified field value.

You could use Filter array or Condition to filter out non-empty rows. Don't need to configure the parameters on the right.

Image reference:

60.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you for your help. I have added the filter array.

My next step was an apply to each. This was set to take the value output from excel. This has to be changed to the Body output created by the filter. 

Problem solved!

hikmatune1
Frequent Visitor

Project_x0020_Reference ne '' (two single quotes no space between)

hikmatune1_0-1604525386608.png

Yes, it is possible

Project_x0020_Reference ne '' (two single quotes no space between)

Sky_Store_Rob
Regular Visitor

Hi, I'm trying to use a similar flow to this to grab any rows from a pre-existing table that includes the search query from the filter array 'Is Equal To' but the resulting adds rows into a table but adds them in the output 'gobble-de-**bleep**- format, not in the table format.

"Studio""{\"@odata.etag\":\"\",\"ItemInternalId\":\"12c25164-9ccd-48eb-9998-afe79cda9e36\",\"Studio\":\"C4\",\"Studio & Test\":\"C4 Testing\"}"

When all I want it to do is lookup using Studio and return only based on the Filter Array query.

I can't upload images of my flow due to work IT restrictions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,147)