cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Filter a 2nd SP List based on the 1st List

Hello, I have a rather complex flow in which it will send out a reoccurring emails to teams in the company on open items that they have.. The table inside the email looks like this:

2020-06-24 10_29_31-Window.png

What it is currently missing is the team member's updates that are being collected on another table. I need some help on doing that. 

The 2nd SP list where it collects the updates/notes are down below:

2020-06-24 09_28_10-Window.png

I will try to explain the current set up, as best as I can the current process down below

2020-06-24 08_34_02-Window.png

2020-06-24 08_37_28-Window.png

2020-06-24 08_39_42-Window.png

see below for all the steps inside of "Apply to each 4"

2020-06-24 08_41_45-Window.png2020-06-24 08_44_36-Window.png

2020-06-24 08_52_06-Window.png

So if I want to get the last update of the RAIL item, it seems like I would need to:

1. Get SharePoint items (RAIL List - Comments) in the "Apply to each Step"
  2. Somehow filter the new SP list with the body ID (RAIL List) to the RAILID (RAIL List - Comments)
  3. Filter for the last item in the list
  4. Join the data of the last item into the array variable "Append to array variable 2"

I just dont know how I do this though, and some help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello,

It does appear that this is a complex flow.  I'll try help you to the best of my abilities with the information you have provided.  What I would do is start off with a new simplified Flow so that we can eliminate all the other noise.  In the Flow I would try to get the data from both SP lists and combine the data that you want and write it to your table.  If you are looking to only have the latest note since the last time the flow ran, you can use the timestamp on the flow run to do that.  Once you have that figured out, you can implement that into your existing Flow.   I can try test that part in my environment and get back to you, but that's where I'd start.

Hello @RossB , 

Thank you for your response and your support!

Yes, it is rather complex; If it ain't complex, you ain't doing flows right! 😉

Gotchya, let me see if I can run a simpler flow, and try to combine the data together. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,957)