Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Filter a query by Yes/No column not working

Hi everyone,

Hope you are having a good day!

I am creating a flow that will get items from a sharepoint list with this filter on the query:

I've tried both,

ApprovalID eq <integervariable> and Cancelled eq 'true' 

@yashag2255 hope you can help.
@RobElliott 

and

ApprovalID eq <integervariable> and Cancelled eq true 

but neither seems to work since the query gets the item with the correct integer value but does not take into consideration the second query filter I've used, the 'Cancelled' column is a Yes/No Column in Sharepoint.

I'm patching the column "Approved" in Powerapps and after the patch, the do until of my flow stops even though there is no "Cancelled" eq true.

image2.PNGimage1.PNGimage3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

@CarloPrincipe filter queries don't like Yes/No columns. You can put the ApprovalID in to the filter query but then you'll need a condition to check for Cancelled is equal to true.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

@CarloPrincipe filter queries don't like Yes/No columns. You can put the ApprovalID in to the filter query but then you'll need a condition to check for Cancelled is equal to true.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Regular Visitor

I have successfull used a filter query in a Get Items action.  The column being tested for is: Details.  When I wanted to bring in items whose value of Details = No, my filter query is:  

Details eq 'false'

The key is the use of single quotes around either 'true' or 'false'

When its a Yes/No field you want to filter query it for when its true you use the not equal to operator "ne" and not "eq".

Example1: Cancelled ne false

Example2: ApprovalID eq <integervariable> and Cancelled ne false

Thanks, @JoshuaGWilson, this absolutely worked.

It's also absolutely crazy that the equality operator is broken. 😬

"eq" is not broken 🙂

"Cancelled ne false" does not actually work, this filter statement will always evaluate as True, whether the column is set to Yes or No, as none of the Cancelled column values will have the value of "false"...

I.e. the Output will show Items where Cancelled is set to Yes and it will also show items where Cancelled is set to No.

Yes/No Columns must be evaluated as 1/0.

For your use case it would be:

Cancelled eq 1

Filtering with "Cancelled eq 1" will show all items with Cancelled column value set to Yes.

Test it out with a simple Test List with few rows before using it in Production.

Advocate I
Advocate I

agree with @cyberjamus - we have many yes/no columns and use queries like:

Column eq 1

Totally true, worked for me! Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,673)