Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Filter a query by Yes/No column not working

Hi everyone,

Hope you are having a good day!

I am creating a flow that will get items from a sharepoint list with this filter on the query:

I've tried both,

ApprovalID eq <integervariable> and Cancelled eq 'true' 

@yashag2255 hope you can help.
@RobElliott 

and

ApprovalID eq <integervariable> and Cancelled eq true 

but neither seems to work since the query gets the item with the correct integer value but does not take into consideration the second query filter I've used, the 'Cancelled' column is a Yes/No Column in Sharepoint.

I'm patching the column "Approved" in Powerapps and after the patch, the do until of my flow stops even though there is no "Cancelled" eq true.

image2.PNGimage1.PNGimage3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Filter a query by Yes/No column not working

@CarloPrincipe filter queries don't like Yes/No columns. You can put the ApprovalID in to the filter query but then you'll need a condition to check for Cancelled is equal to true.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@CarloPrincipe filter queries don't like Yes/No columns. You can put the ApprovalID in to the filter query but then you'll need a condition to check for Cancelled is equal to true.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have successfull used a filter query in a Get Items action.  The column being tested for is: Details.  When I wanted to bring in items whose value of Details = No, my filter query is:  

Details eq 'false'

The key is the use of single quotes around either 'true' or 'false'

Highlighted

When its a Yes/No field you want to filter query it for when its true you use the not equal to operator "ne" and not "eq".

Example1: Cancelled ne false

Example2: ApprovalID eq <integervariable> and Cancelled ne false

Highlighted

Thanks, @JoshuaGWilson, this absolutely worked.

It's also absolutely crazy that the equality operator is broken. 😬

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,625)