cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Filter an excel file in SharePoint and download the filtered version of excel on OneDrive

Hi folks,

With the flow below, i am trying to enter the value of a Country- example Canada.

Then, go to an excel hosted in SharePoint having a column Country. I want to filter this column based on the country i entered- i'll get that from dynamic content as shown below.

Now, the issue is what should be the next step- how do i get the results in an excel.

I want the filtered version of this excel on OneDrive. Please suggest

GauravG_0-1600023787104.png

@abm@CFernandes - can you please help!

Thanks, Gaurav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Filter an excel file in SharePoint and download the filtered version of excel on OneDrive

I  am trying to accomplish something similar here.

So pasting the link- https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Delete-rows-from-excel-file-which-would-be-create...

I will mark this as solution to point to the right thread

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Filter an excel file in SharePoint and download the filtered version of excel on OneDrive

hi @GauravG  you are doing well work in your flow, just please try cliking Test and then I'll perform the trigger action.

You are going to see a form to enter the data you want to filer, that could be your Country Canada see

canada.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@GauravG 

Hi Mate,

My way of filtering the Excel is a bit different as this works for me.

CFernandes_1-1600066787788.png

Filter array

From - value

Condition - Country is equal to Canada

Apply to Each -

Body - Output of the 'Filter' action.

Create items-

ID - items('Apply_to_each')['ID']

Review - items('Apply_to_each')['Country']

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@CFernandes Appreciate your response.

I am looking to move data from a excel in SharePoint to an excel in OneDrive. The excel in OneDrive doesn't exist- so may have to copy the file from SP and then delete rows in OneDrive as i don't want to affect the original file in SP.

The method above seems good and i will try it- but still unaware as to how a workbook/ table would be created from scratch in OneDrive? Kindly suggest!

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@abm Thanks for connecting- was able to create file using get content using path in OneDrive

Will try the other remaining steps and update on progress here

Thanks

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

I  am trying to accomplish something similar here.

So pasting the link- https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Delete-rows-from-excel-file-which-would-be-create...

I will mark this as solution to point to the right thread

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,385)