cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
fdurante
New Member

Filter array to get the maximum value among a set of numbers

Hi everyone,

 

this might be a newbie question. I'm currently trying to build a flow which filters an array to get the maximum value among a set of numbers.

The body (result of a series of connectors and operations I did before in the flow) I have to filter is:

 

[
  {
    "year": 2019,
    "objectId": "39aed1d3-22e7-41f4-80a7-98180afd76f9"
  },
  {
    "year": 2018,
    "objectId": "99b17061-b967-4337-8c38-60842780f1b6"
  },
  {
    "year": 2017,
    "objectId": "5b280760-6fd2-404f-93c1-6b5af5b390e8"
  },
  {
    "year": 2016,
    "objectId": "e40be3bc-a632-4c9d-b458-1e6da1aba740"
  }
]

I need to filter the array in order to have only the element with the maximum value of year (in this case, 2019) and its objectId in it. I've tried my best by initializing variables, filtering year by "value equal to max(item()?['year'])" and many other things, but nothing seems to work correctly...

How can I do it?

 

Thank you very much,

FD

 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

They are a set of dataflows coming from Power BI, but I have already made some changes to the original fields (which were for example some strings, and among them some "string + year" which were then extracted and modified).

By the way, I've followed the solution I found here and it worked fine for me, so the issue is now resolved.

 

Thank you,

FD

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@fdurante:

 

Can you tell me where your data is coming from?  SharePoint?  I ask becaus it may be easier to filter the data when it is retrieved.

 

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

They are a set of dataflows coming from Power BI, but I have already made some changes to the original fields (which were for example some strings, and among them some "string + year" which were then extracted and modified).

By the way, I've followed the solution I found here and it worked fine for me, so the issue is now resolved.

 

Thank you,

FD

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,362)