cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
New Member

Filter array to get the maximum value among a set of numbers

Hi everyone,

 

this might be a newbie question. I'm currently trying to build a flow which filters an array to get the maximum value among a set of numbers.

The body (result of a series of connectors and operations I did before in the flow) I have to filter is:

 

[
  {
    "year": 2019,
    "objectId": "39aed1d3-22e7-41f4-80a7-98180afd76f9"
  },
  {
    "year": 2018,
    "objectId": "99b17061-b967-4337-8c38-60842780f1b6"
  },
  {
    "year": 2017,
    "objectId": "5b280760-6fd2-404f-93c1-6b5af5b390e8"
  },
  {
    "year": 2016,
    "objectId": "e40be3bc-a632-4c9d-b458-1e6da1aba740"
  }
]

I need to filter the array in order to have only the element with the maximum value of year (in this case, 2019) and its objectId in it. I've tried my best by initializing variables, filtering year by "value equal to max(item()?['year'])" and many other things, but nothing seems to work correctly...

How can I do it?

 

Thank you very much,

FD

 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

They are a set of dataflows coming from Power BI, but I have already made some changes to the original fields (which were for example some strings, and among them some "string + year" which were then extracted and modified).

By the way, I've followed the solution I found here and it worked fine for me, so the issue is now resolved.

 

Thank you,

FD

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

@fdurante:

 

Can you tell me where your data is coming from?  SharePoint?  I ask becaus it may be easier to filter the data when it is retrieved.

 

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

They are a set of dataflows coming from Power BI, but I have already made some changes to the original fields (which were for example some strings, and among them some "string + year" which were then extracted and modified).

By the way, I've followed the solution I found here and it worked fine for me, so the issue is now resolved.

 

Thank you,

FD

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (53,271)