cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DanMurphy
Level: Powered On

Filter flow based on HTTP data

Hi, I have a flow written that connects to a website that I manage via HTTP and a specific page I built for this purpose.  I've written that page to either output the data in XML or plaintext.  The flow then takes the data and publishes it to facebook and twitter.   I want the flow to check the output before it publishes, and if it contains a certain phrase, then cancel the flow.  

The flow works fine without this check.  Based on some forum posts I found, I added a "compose" step to grab the output of the HTTP Step.  I've tried numorous tests but always end up with "ActionFailed. An action failed. No dependent actions succeeded.

flow.PNG

Bsasically I just want the flow to evaluate if "[[DO NOT PUBLISH]]" in the the HTTP output.  I've tried the obvious of if the Output of Compose "does not contain" '[[DO NOT PUBLISH]]' but I get the error above.

What is the right way to test for this condition?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Filter flow based on HTTP data

Hi @DanMurphy ,

Could you share the action configuration and error message in Condition branch?

The error displayed by the Error message has nothing to do with the logic of Condition configuration. This is because the action in the branch fails.

Like:

The reason for the error is that Get item action failed, so a similar error message will be displayed.

54.PNG

Please check the run history and error message of action in branch, and try to reconfigure these actions based on these errors.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DanMurphy ,

Could you share the action configuration and error message in Condition branch?

The error displayed by the Error message has nothing to do with the logic of Condition configuration. This is because the action in the branch fails.

Like:

The reason for the error is that Get item action failed, so a similar error message will be displayed.

54.PNG

Please check the run history and error message of action in branch, and try to reconfigure these actions based on these errors.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DanMurphy
Level: Powered On

Thank you for your help.  While I was going back to get more details to answer your question, I realized the failure was in the DATA.  The output for the test case was "DO NOT POST" and I was checking for "DO NOT PUBLISH".

<smacks forehead>

Thank you for your help, you did help me in narrowing down where the problem was.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 57 members 4,884 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: