cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chatag051

Filter query - checking a field against todays date

Hi,

I am trying to build a flow which will check a documents properties and start an approval for the document if its 'Date for Review' is provided and is today.

I feel that I have got the decision gate part working but due to the volume of documents I want to filter documents out which have a review date which is why I want to filter first using the filter query.

To sumarise, what query should I use in the "Get files (properties only)" step that will ask the system to look for records with a date dd/mm/yyyy in field X?

This is probably something obvious to people but I am struggling to get any results from the flow when trialed.

chatag051_0-1603902690052.png

1 REPLY 1
tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

The Filter Query should be:

DateforReview eq 'utcNow('dd/mm/yyyy')'

DateforReview should be the internal name of the 'Date for Review' column, it can't contain any empty spaces (you can see the internal name when you're editing the column in SP, it's at the end of the url).

utcNow('dd/mm/yyyy') is an expression, that will give you today's date in the defined format 'dd/mm/yyyy'. Just make sure the 'Date for Review' is a date only field. And don't forget the apostrophes around the expression.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (20,045)