cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T_A_M
Helper I
Helper I

Filtering Form responses when creating Sharepoint items

I've asked a similar question and not made much progress, so I thought I'd create a very simple flow to demonstrate the problem I'm having. I'm using the following flow to create Sharepoint items from Form responses:

F2_a.JPG

F2_b.JPG

F2_c.JPG

It works fine so far. Every response in my Form creates a separate item in my Sharepoint list. However, it creates a new item for every question in the Form, whether the question was answered or simply left blank.  I want it to only create items when a question has been answered. 
I've tried creating various conditions before the Create Item action so that it will only create items from responses that are not blank, but nothing has worked. No matter what condition I apply, every single question from my Form creates its own Sharepoint item. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @T_A_M 

This works for me...

Length checks for the no of elements in each apply to each.  If it is empty, it's 0. So anthing with an answer goes to yes and creates an item, any no does absolutely nothing.

DamoBird365_0-1614986865317.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @T_A_M 

I don't understand why you have the compose and split actions.  This creates a loop on the split items and hence you get an item created for each item of the split.

Really all you need is

1. when a response is received

2. get response

3. create item

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

I need every question on my Form to create a separate item on my Sharepoint list when the form is submitted. Without the compose and split actions, I'd only be able to create a single Sharepoint list item for each submission of the Form. My problem is that the flow is creating items for every question whether they have been answered or not.

DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @T_A_M 

Ah ok, I have misunderstood.  So if an answer is blank, you don't want an item for that answer? But if you had 10 questions and 5 of them had an answer, you would want 5 individual list items?  In which case you would need a condition for if the current item is empty, YES - do nothing, NO - create item.

Damien

Yes, that's what I'd like to do. Just haven't found a way to make it work.

DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @T_A_M 

This works for me...

Length checks for the no of elements in each apply to each.  If it is empty, it's 0. So anthing with an answer goes to yes and creates an item, any no does absolutely nothing.

DamoBird365_0-1614986865317.png

Cheers,
Damien

View solution in original post

That did it! Thank you very much for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (42,281)