Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shuhn1229
Helper I
Helper I

Filtering List By an Array

Hi,

I have a flow with an array. I would like to use the values contained in the array for a condition control. If the values in the array match DO NOT match what is found in a sharepoint column, the flow is to send an email for each item. The array is first converted into strings using split. The string is compared to the title column. See below:

shuhn1229_0-1663697804354.png

The problem I am getting is that despite the condition is being properly marked (returns TRUE, FALSE, TRUE when the successful flow is triggered), I am getting an email for all three of the conditions. Additionally, The flow is triggering twice, and I am receiving duplicate emails.

2 REPLIES 2
Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @shuhn1229 

This is happening because there are two loops.

Is there a way to reduce those two loops?

And above you have written, you have used split to convert array to string, but its not correct, whenever you use split on something, it is converted into an array.

Hi,

thanks. when I drop a loop the condition doesn't seem to be working, it returns everything as false. For reference here is how the array variable i'd like to use the condition control in the list by is setup:

shuhn1229_0-1663699512667.png

And here is how the condition is setup (in this case just returns false, which is incorrect):

shuhn1229_1-1663699631278.png

How would you approach this?

THANK YOU!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,348)