Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Filtering an excel table on a date column

Hi again,

I've got something weird going on...I'm using Filter Array on an Excel List Rows by a composed date and all is well:

help1.pnghelp2.png

The above works. But, if I change the column in the Filter array 2 from 'Last Modified' to another column titled 'Candidate Offer Response Date' I get the following error:

The execution of template action 'Filter_array_2' failed: The evaluation of 'query' action 'where' expression '@greaterOrEquals(addDays('1899-12-30', int(item()['Candidate Offer Response Date']), 'yyyy-MM-dd'), outputs('Compose_Last_Run_Date'))' failed: 'The template language function 'int' was invoked with a parameter that is not valid. The value cannot be converted to the target type.'.

This says to me that the column is not formatted correctly in Excel, but it is definitely formatted as Short Date. I even copy and pasted the formatting from 'Last Modified' to be doubly sure. In the Output of the List Rows action, I can see this column is returned in the 4***** format.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks!

Joel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: Filtering an excel table on a date column

May be you can use empty function to check if column has value or not and then format?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Update: I think the issue is that some of the rows in my table do not have a value for 'Candidate Offer Response Date'. Can anyone suggest how I can deal with this in my Filter Array query?

Thanks!

Joel

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

May be you can use empty function to check if column has value or not and then format?

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,739)