Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nhafala
Level: Powered On

Filtering noreply email addresses

Hi,

I'm trying to create a filter for "noreply" email addresses in my Out of Office reply flow.

I created a Condition with the following expression:

@or(not(contains(triggerBody()?['From'], 'noreply')),not(contains(triggerBody()?['From'], 'donotreply')),not(contains(triggerBody()?['From'], 'no-reply')))

However, when I test it and a new email arrives in the Inbox this step just keeps running until it times-out.

You can see it in context here:

7598686835bf7b465cf2ab57cd65cf80f3f841e45d8282940ce6e7094c2ae4becbbd4ffb

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Filtering noreply email addresses

Hi @nhafala,

I tested it on my side using the expression you provided, Flow is executed as expected, and your expression is correct.

41.PNG

Could you provide more details about your needs?

Although I found that the expression you provided is correct after testing on my side, I doubt it if it can meet your expectations.

Because From field contains only the email address of the sender, there is no other information that can be used.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nhafala

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

I find this flow a little too complex to describe. I exported the flow as a json. I tried to export as a zip file but it was impossible.

Please have a look here: https://gofile.io/?c=0F0Zaw

I also took a screenshot of the flow. Here it is: screencapture-emea-flow-microsoft-manage-environments-Default-c26d8596-66d7-4df4-a454-d2b749816fd2-flows-ee0fe7af-c1af-41cf-9284-294cd89f80dd-2018-12-17-14_56_37.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @nhafala,

I want to know which step of your Flow is keep running.

The action such as Condition will only judge whether it is consistent according to the conditions. There is no behavior similar to the request to the server. It seems that the situation you describe will not appear.

And when testing on my side, the formulas you provide are correct, at least the syntax is no problem.

Best Regards,

Barry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nhafala

Hi @v-bacao-msft

Thank you for your reply. 

I run a test, this is what I got:

screencapture-emea-flow-microsoft-manage-environments-eda9993d-15a8-4a34-8d5e-f3deaf5713d5-flows-1fda5aa2-4b59-41e5-ba01-1f1d0d65340b-runs-08586563550110812990075210449CU49-2018-12-20-00_16_13.png

The condition that fails is the one that has this expression:

@and

(

greaterorequals(triggerBody()?['DateTimeReceived'], items('Apply_to_each')?['start']),

lessorequals(triggerBody()?['DateTimeReceived'],items('Apply_to_each')?['end'])

)

This is expression is meant to check which events are active at any given moment. It used to work without any problems, but it suddenly stopped working when I added more things to the flow below it.

These are all the details I can provide.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @nhafala,

I looked at the .json file from the link you provided, noting that the Expression configured in Compose 5 is the following:

@or(replace(outputs('Compose_4'),'January','Januar'),replace(outputs('Compose_4'),'February','Februar'),replace(outputs('Compose_4'),'March','März'),replace(outputs('Compose_4'),'May','Mai'),replace(outputs('Compose_4'),'June','Juni'),replace(outputs('Compose_4'),'July','Juli'),replace(outputs('Compose_4'),'October','Oktober'),replace(outputs('Compose_4'),'December','Dezember'))

Consistent with the error message display, the parameters you configure in the or() function are not boolean types, they are all of type String, so an error is generated.

Please make sure that the configured functions are configured as required.

For the use of Expression, please refer to the Online doc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference

Best Regards,

Barry

nhafala

@v-bacao-msft

Thank you. I will check this briefly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,638)