cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Filtery Query year from date

Hi,

I am working on Get Items from SharePoint list and I am using Filter Query to get year from the date.

When I am using the Column name: End_of_Period, I got and error of Column doesn't exist.

When I go to the List Setting and get the name at the link: End_x0020_of_x0020_period, I got error of String was not recognized as valid DateTime.

Anyone can help me with this?

Thank you! 

Regards,

May

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Filtery Query year from date

Hi @mayarnaldo 

Note that to use the ODATA 'eq' condition filter for date type columns, you need the date string to be appropriately formatted. 

So that query needs to be modified as: End_x0020_of_x0020_period eq '@{formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')}'

But this will get you items only for the current date. A few workarounds you can try out: 

1. Create a calculated column in SP and set the calculation to get the year from the date type column and then use that to filter in the Flow. 

2. List all records in the Get Items action and then add a condition to check if the Date starts with @{formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy')}

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @mayarnaldo 

Note that to use the ODATA 'eq' condition filter for date type columns, you need the date string to be appropriately formatted. 

So that query needs to be modified as: End_x0020_of_x0020_period eq '@{formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')}'

But this will get you items only for the current date. A few workarounds you can try out: 

1. Create a calculated column in SP and set the calculation to get the year from the date type column and then use that to filter in the Flow. 

2. List all records in the Get Items action and then add a condition to check if the Date starts with @{formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy')}

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Thank you for your reply! 🙂

I will try the first solution.

I tried the workaround that you mentioned. I created anew column and get the year from the date. I used that year column but I got an error, saying it cannot be used because it is a calculated field.

Regards,

May

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @mayarnaldo 

Yeah my bad. Calculated columns are not filter friendly. You can try out the second option for this to compare in the condition. 

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,251)