cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Find Files in Folder not working for Guest Account

Hi there, 

I am currently trying to grant an external guest user access to my Powerapps workflow tool. I granted the user all required access on both onedrive and sharepoint. 

The app opens and displays required data from sharepoint. When I try to run a flow that finds files in my onedrive for business folder the flow fails and returns a "The resource could not be found." Running the same flow with any internal account works just fine. Powerapps just hands the subfolder as a text value to the flow which then appends the entire folder path incl. the correct drive id. My assumption is that there is some credential handover not working properly. Any idea how to solve / debug that ? 

Flow config:

FlowConfig.jpg

Error: 

FlowError.jpg

Update: I added another "List files in root folder" action and that displays the items in the guest users onedrive from a different O365 AD. That is not only wrong, thats also a data breach from my perspective. That user never granted me access to his onedrive.. side topic: Where to report that kind of data security bug ? 

Best Regards, 

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Find Files in Folder not working for Guest Account

hi @asp  you are correct, when we are takling about sharepoint you can allow external users to use list, but with other services like One Drive, Planner or Teams office 365 needs to validate the user conection with a domain existing user. So if you can add a new domain to your office 365 tennat you can allow that users to use PA and all services but if not, unfortunally there are no way to allow external o guest users to use services that requires domain login access.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

hi @asp  the reason is because flow can't allow external users to run actions. This is not supported.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Christian, 

thank you for the prompt reply. From what I am seeing here the action is being run but simply failes due to wrong authentication. The action "List files in root folder" is being run successfully - it just displays the files from the guest users onedrive which seems to be a pretty bad data breach from my perspective. 

Could this maybe be done if I add a Domain Trust or something. If not the features for external users are basically limited to simple data operations in a sharepoint list, correct ? 

Best Regards, 

Alex

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

hi @asp  you are correct, when we are takling about sharepoint you can allow external users to use list, but with other services like One Drive, Planner or Teams office 365 needs to validate the user conection with a domain existing user. So if you can add a new domain to your office 365 tennat you can allow that users to use PA and all services but if not, unfortunally there are no way to allow external o guest users to use services that requires domain login access.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Christian, 

thank you for getting back to me. Just one quick question: "PA" = Personal authorisation ? The other domain is already listed in another tenant. Merging those would be problematic in terms of billing / taxes. 

Shall I mark this thread as solved then ? Any idea where to report the bug that allows me to view files from within my guests Organization ? 

Best Regards, 

Alex

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@asp  PA is Power Automate, and yes please consider to mark one of my answer as solution to guide others.

If you want to report a bug you can follow this topic

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/bd-p/BugFound

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,982)