cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asmd01
Regular Visitor

Find a dynamic file name within a folder and send recurring mails bases on if the file is uploaded or not.

Hello Community Members,

I am new to using Power Automate and building flows. This would be my first post in this community.

To provide context, I am trying to generate a recurring reminder mail for a person who is required to add a file monthly. My objective is to start the flow on 5th of every month. then check if that file has already been uploaded to a specific folder on a particular sub site, then based on whether it is uploaded or not I send a reminder every 2 days until it gets uploaded. 

This process has to be automated for 10 different sub sites for which different persons are responsible.

Constraint - the file name also will be dynamic in nature depending on MM YY format. Requesting help from anyone who has made a similar flow or can help me with designing this flow

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Asmd01 ,

I suggest that the files should has a special string in it as well as the date MM YY, so the flow could easily check out it for each month。

And you could create a flow as screenshot below:

1.png2.png

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'MM yy')
length(body('Filter_array'))

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Asmd01 ,

I suggest that the files should has a special string in it as well as the date MM YY, so the flow could easily check out it for each month。

And you could create a flow as screenshot below:

1.png2.png

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'MM yy')
length(body('Filter_array'))

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hey @v-alzhan-msft 

Thanks a ton for this solution. This is exactly what I wanted. Marking your response as an answer

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,084)