Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Find the start of a pattern (regular expression) within a string

Hi

I'm fairly new to Flow so I'll give you my full scenario as well as the specific issue just in case I am missing an easier method to achieve my goal.

Scenario: I'm pulling an array from a SharePoint list then using a Select to return just the columns of interest. I am then passing these results to Create HTML table. All good so far! However, one column is a date/time column returning results as '2017-10-27T08:00:00' whereas I want to see all the dates in the format '2017-10-27'.

I'm thinking to check for the location of text within the HTML that matches the pattern -\d\dT\d\d: (i.e. hyphen, number, number, T, number, number, colon) and then using substring to get rid of the time portion of the date/time.

I'll need to loop, replacing one instance at a time, until all instances are removed but I'm OK with that. The issue I have is that Indexof does not appear to work with regular expressions. I see that contains supports regular expressions but only returns True/False, not the location within the text.

So, am I on the right path converting to html first and then 'reformatting' instances of dates in the text string (I don't see a way to convert the date format within the Select operation), and if so, how do I go about getting the location of text matching a regular expression?

Thanks!

P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Find the start of a pattern (regular expression) within a string

Hi @PaulD1,

Do you have a date time column in the sharepoint list and want to get the date in the column with format "yyyy-MM-dd".

If you have a date time column in the sharepoint list and want to get the date in the column with format "yyyy-MM-dd",please format the date time to "yyyy-MM-dd" in the Select action, you could please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

The expression of the EndDate as below:

formatDateTime(item()?['EndDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd')

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PaulD1,

Do you have a date time column in the sharepoint list and want to get the date in the column with format "yyyy-MM-dd".

If you have a date time column in the sharepoint list and want to get the date in the column with format "yyyy-MM-dd",please format the date time to "yyyy-MM-dd" in the Select action, you could please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

The expression of the EndDate as below:

formatDateTime(item()?['EndDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd')

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Thanks Alice (@v-yuazh-msft)

That is exactly what I needed! Perfect.

Because the date fields I wanted to format disappear from the Dynamic Content list when I add an Expression (within the mapping in the Select step), I assumed that I couldn't take that approach. As a relative newbie, I'm finding that one the greatest hurdles - the 'intellisense' seems to fail to provide all the valid options.

Thanks again. 

Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,657)