cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Finding a Wunderlist task matching a string in an O365 e-mail subject in order to mark it complete

I'm trying to create a response tracking system with Flow for our non-profit. We have a Flow that's triggered when an O365 e-mail account receives a Gravity Forms e-mail notification that contains a spcific Subject tag. The Flow creates a task on a Wunderlist. This works flawlessly. When an e-mail response is sent to that Gravity Forms e-mail notification, we seek to have a Flow on same e-mail account find the task that was created on the Wunderlist and mark it complete. The difficulty here is, I so not see a was to match the e-mail response subject line with the same that the task name. It seems Flow can look up a task ID, but I cannot find documentation on how to accomplish this. So for example, if a Task has [#2345] in the name, how can I read that string from the email subject, find the task mathing that string in the task name, then mark it complete?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Finding a Wunderlist task matching a string in an O365 e-mail subject in order to mark it comple

Hi John,

If, for example,  [#2345] is in every task name that you need to mark as complete, then I think you can use the condition "Subject contains [#2345]"  and then add the action to mark it complete. If  [#2345] is just an example and every subject has a different string, then I think this cannot be achieved so far.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,691)