cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

First item in one Entity where it doesn't appear in another Entity

I have 2x entities in CDS. One of them is a list of tasks which never change (VIP Tasks Entity). The other is completed tasks which are done for projects in my company (VIP Completed Tasks Entity).

When a new task is complete, it is added to VIP Completed Tasks Entity with the task name and a reference number which is a lookup to my main Entity (VIP Cases). When a new task is added in here, I then need to figure out what the next task is that needs to be worked. To do this, I am trying to put some code in which looks up my VIP Tasks Entity and find the first item which isn't showing in the VIP Completed Tasks Entity. That will then mean I am working on this item.

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @sammybridge 

You may can take all the your reference numbers and look for the min value with this operation MinNumericalFormula1, [ NumericalFormula2, ... ] )

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-aggregates

Once you find the right one, create a condition and work on it.

Hope this can help!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @sammybridge 

You may can take all the your reference numbers and look for the min value with this operation MinNumericalFormula1, [ NumericalFormula2, ... ] )

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-aggregates

Once you find the right one, create a condition and work on it.

Hope this can help!

View solution in original post

Hi @pagonza 

I think I clicked solved too soon. So your concept is helping me get the first value so it has answered half of what I need. But how do I create an array of values where the record in one entity do not appear in another?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (18,506)