cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bug289
Frequent Visitor

First loop output returned for all loops

I am so close to a solution but not sure why my flow is behaving as it is.

Purpose: To allow people to select what new items in a SharePoint library they are notified about based on columns associated with the documents.

Basic logic:

Once a week

Get new items from the document library

Store in Array1

Get items from a table where users have selected their choices (7 different columns of choices)

Store in Array2

Loop through each row in Array2

Clear TableArrays for each Array2 element

For each column of choices (array2 element) loop through choices selected

Loop through Array1

Append any records where the choices match to TableArray

Append all TableArrays together

Remove duplicate records

Email person with their table of choices

Next loop

The problem I am having is that after the first run, the TableArray doesn't seem to clear for the second run. Each user is getting the first table built, instead of something bespoke. No errors, except that I do get an error on the run report when I try to see the results of the second loop of Array 2 (Unexpected error. Unable to fetch https://.......), which is making it impossible to see what the arrays are reading and the csv is difficult to work out the loops. 

The input and output of the steps to clear the TableArrays seem to suggest the input array is already blank but it still spits out the first loop table for every loop.

Here is the flow with some annotation:

bug289_0-1660055255805.png

bug289_1-1660055282312.png

Inside Apply to each:

bug289_2-1660055381714.png

Each Scope includes the following pattern:

bug289_3-1660055431634.png

Final part of flow:

bug289_4-1660055561945.png

No doubt there is a more efficient way to do things (I did have the scopes all running in parallel but tried putting in sequence to see if that made a difference - it didn't) but the main question for me is why is it maintaining the same table for every loop? And yes, I have checked that they should be different!

Any suggestions welcome.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,477)