Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TheMagic
Level: Powered On

First name and last name

Hi,

I have a flow that sends out an email when a new item is added to a SharePoint list. I am using Created by Name and Display Name but the way we have it set up in the format of Lastname, Firstname.

Is there any way I can swap this and remove it so I can put in the email John Smith rather than Smith, John. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: First name and last name

Hi @TheMagic,

What did you mean by "we have it set up in the format of Lastname, Firstname"? Did you mean that Created by Name is the lastname and the Display Name is the firstname? If this is the situation, you just need to put the dynamic content as Display Name Created by Name. If you mean that both dynamic contents are in the format Lastname, Firstname, then it is not possible to change it from flow as it will treat as whole dynamic contents.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @TheMagic,

What did you mean by "we have it set up in the format of Lastname, Firstname"? Did you mean that Created by Name is the lastname and the Display Name is the firstname? If this is the situation, you just need to put the dynamic content as Display Name Created by Name. If you mean that both dynamic contents are in the format Lastname, Firstname, then it is not possible to change it from flow as it will treat as whole dynamic contents.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

NCH-Ken
Level: Powered On

This is not an adequate answer.  How is it that we can create emails dynamically, but cannot address the email recipient properly? There should be a way to parse the text from the DisplayName field and allow it to be injected into the email with just the first name, concatenate a prefix and lastname, or any variation desired.  If this is truly impossible to accomplish then any automation that I would like to run through Flow will produce awkward and impersonal emails. What is the point of having these powerful tools if they cannot accomplish a relatively simple task and allow the minimum level of customization?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 267 members 6,521 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: