cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flagging a trello card when it is updated by a Flow

I've been having some good success automating the update of Trello cards based on emails that are received to a shared mailbox, but I'm looking for some inspiration on this small problem: whenever my flow updates a card (i.e. adds a comment, changes due date, etc.) I'd like to add some visual cue indicating an update has been made.

My first idea was to set a label - something like "new change" or "unread" - that the Trello user(s) could quickly notice, check in on, and remove as needed...basically marking the change as read. Unfortunately, the Update a Card action doesn't have the ability to update the labels on that card. 

My second idea was the change the title of the card with something noticeable like a symbol or even just "*NEW*" but that isn't my favorite workaround. Also, my flow relies on the first few characters of the card title for other purposes. I could work around that, too, but I'd rather not.

Anyone have another clever solution I could explore?

P.S. you can vote for an idea to add label functionality to Update a Card, here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I found a solution I like well enough until they add label update functionality.

Whenever a change is made to a card, I now do two things:

1. move that card to the top of its list

2. I created a new Trello account with the shared inbox email address that currently triggers my flow. Whenever a change is made to a card, I now assign that card to this "bot" Trello user. I can then manually remove the assignment once I want to mark the card update as "read", so to speak.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @CHRIS-AT-EMS ,

Unfortunately, I don't have much beneficial input to provide you. I took a look at the connector actions and options within the 'Update a card' action, and there doesn't appear to be a solution better than the one you mentioned regarding a title change or description change. 

You could create a custom connection to Trello's API and it looks like they have an option to update label. See the following documentation:

https://developers.trello.com/reference#actions

I did vote for your idea on the ideas forum.

Highlighted

I found a solution I like well enough until they add label update functionality.

Whenever a change is made to a card, I now do two things:

1. move that card to the top of its list

2. I created a new Trello account with the shared inbox email address that currently triggers my flow. Whenever a change is made to a card, I now assign that card to this "bot" Trello user. I can then manually remove the assignment once I want to mark the card update as "read", so to speak.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,358)