cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4theluv2_lrn

Flow 2nd Approval Only if Amt Exceeds a Specific $ Amt

Good morning- I'm working on my first flow. It is being triggered when a sharepoint list is updated and an email is sent to the VP for approval of expense. However, if the expense is $25k or greater then I need to send an approval request to the President and get his approval and update the sharepoint list with the outcome. How can I accomplish this 2nd approval part?

Thank you in advance for any assistance with this issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@4theluv2_lrn 

Hi there.  I'm assuming that the SharePoint list has the amount in it, ya?  You'll already have a condition checking the Outcome of your first approval, so on the "yes" path of that one, you can add another condition checking the amount of the line.  If it exceeds $25k, then the "yes" path of that condition will have another approval, but the no path will just update your SP list with the VP approval.

The "Yes" path of your second approval could update the SP status to something like Pres-Approved if you want to only have one column tracking status.

Good luck!  And keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@4theluv2_lrn 

Hi there.  I'm assuming that the SharePoint list has the amount in it, ya?  You'll already have a condition checking the Outcome of your first approval, so on the "yes" path of that one, you can add another condition checking the amount of the line.  If it exceeds $25k, then the "yes" path of that condition will have another approval, but the no path will just update your SP list with the VP approval.

The "Yes" path of your second approval could update the SP status to something like Pres-Approved if you want to only have one column tracking status.

Good luck!  And keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much it seems to be working!!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,662)