cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Konrad_FNP
Frequent Visitor

Flow 502 Gateway Error (Item does not exist or was deleted)

Hi 

I am having an issue with my flow in that my "Update Item" action keeps causing the 502 Gateway error. 

I currently have a series of lists (5) in SharePoint, each list pretains to a different department that needs to provide approval for an item,  and I have a choice column (Item Number Status) in the Master list that I want to be updated each time that Item is approved by a department. All my flows follow the same logic and Ive managed to get 2 lists working when approved to update the Item Number Status column, however the others which are made exactly the same somehow cause this error. 

Screen Shots below 

CAp2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Error Message 

Capture 3.PNG

Flows 

Flow SCreenshot 18th July .png

I woud appreciate any help possible. 

Cheers 

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Konrad_FNP ,

I think that both of ID populated in Update item/Update item 2 action are all from the trigger, so this error occurs.

The ID output from the trigger can only be used to update the list with the same list name. You need to get the item ID in the specified list to update the corresponding item.

Could you provide more details about the relationship between these lists? Here you may need to specify the field to get the item ID in the specified list and update the specified item.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi 

I am rather new to flow so this may not be the right way to do things but heres how i have things currently. 

In regards to how i have things setup currently I have 5 tables

1: Cooking Item List (Master List)

2: Cooking BOM List 

3: JDE Cooking list 

4: Item Finance 

5: Web Ready Items  

The idea is when an item is added to the master list an approval process is started that when approved creates an item of the same name in the following list (Cooking BOM list). Prompts the next approval process when an item is created in the next list (Cooking BOM list)

Capture 5.PNG

This is added with the defualt status of NO until that item is approved, from then I have an 2 actions to update that item to the status YES in the Cooking BOM list. This other Update Item Action is used to update the Status in the Master list to "Stage 2 Currently in BOM list".  This process continues the same way through each list from 1 to 5 updating the master list as it goes.  Stage 2 to 5 ect. 

Cooking Item List (Master List)Cooking Item List (Master List)

My 2 Update item actions update based on the ID's for the current list (for example - BOM list) and the ID for the Master List ( FNP Cooking Item List) for example Stage Two - Currently in BOM. 

Currently the ID's for the flows relate to the list they are apart of which should match up. what was confusing me is that i already have 2 flows that ive build the same way that work fine its only on the 3rd and onwards that have been causing me trouble. 

Thanks Heaps for the reply. 

Cheers  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,262)