cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SebastienSiva
Level: Powered On

Flow Access to Excel Form for Teams

If I create an Excel Form in my personal One Drive area, then my Flow connector (Mircosoft Forms - When a new response is submitted) is able to find the form under the Form Id drop down.  No problem at all.  Works great.

If I create an Excel Form in my team's Documents One Drivefolder, then my Flow connector can not find the form.  I can not figure out what to type under Form Id.

If I move an Excel Form from my personal One Drive area to my team's document folder, the form seems to dissapear from Excel.  The flow that was connected seems to maintain a connection, but the form is no longer available inside the excel file.

Thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow Access to Excel Form for Teams

Hi @SebastienSiva

Could you share more details about how you create Form in your personal One Drive area and  team's Documents One Drivefolder?

I have created a Form in my onerive for business refer to link below:

https://www.myexcelonline.com/blog/create-data-entry-form-excel/

And I couldn't find the form under the Form Id field of trigger (Mircosoft Forms - When a new response is submitted)

How could you find the form which is created in your personal OneDrive under the Form Id field of trigger?

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

SebastienSiva

To create the form I simply hit New -> "Forms for Excel" under the One Drive folder (Web interface using Goolge Chrome browser).

It is the exact same process for either folder.  I am talking about Office 365 Forms for Excel, not Excel's data entry form.

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/create-a-form-with-microsoft-forms-4ffb64cc-7d5d-402f-b82e-...

Hope this helps,

Sebastien

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SebastienSiva

Could you share more details about how you create Form in team's Documents One Drivefolder?

I have created a Form in my onerive for business refer to your steps and as you said, my flow connector could find the form.

However, I couldn't made a test on the team's Documents One Drivefolder that you mentioned.

Best regards,

Alice

SebastienSiva

The process for creating an Office 365 form is the same irrelevant of which folder it is created in.  You navigate to the folder in One Drive, and then click create New -> "Forms for Excel".  When I create a form in my team's folder it is not visible from Flow's Form connector.  The question is simply how do you make form responses accessible to a flow if that form is stored on a team folder instead of a personal folder.

Sebastien

Gadgetgeek
Level: Power Up

I'm struggling with the same issue right now. I'm trying to create flows to handle responses to Excel forms that are stored in Microsoft Teams. The trigger "Forms - When a new response is submitted" doesn't allow me to pick a form hosted on Teams.

One step forward, two steps back. I seem to keep getting blocked trying to learn and use Microsoft Flow. Super frustrating.

Kevin_McI

Has anyone gotten resolution on this? I have spent nearly a month trying to configure the same type of flow without success.

Gadgetgeek

Pull the document out of Teams, put it on your own OneDrive, share the form and enable flow on that. Otherwise Flow can't find the form. Very disappointing so far, but that is how I solved it for my organization.

I'll put the form back in Teams the moment the feature is available. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 163 members 4,803 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: