Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mischa2710
Helper III
Helper III

Flow Approval Attachments - For a selected item - SharePoint List

Hello together,

Regarding Reza´s Tutorial (6:28 to 13:35) I tried to do the same with the small difference that my trigger is "For a selected item" and not "when an item is created". Unfortunately with this error:

Mischa2710_1-1635071463318.png

Mischa2710_2-1635071746664.png

Mischa2710_5-1635071878192.png

Mischa2710_4-1635071850550.png

Your help is really welcome

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarvinBangert
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @Mischa2710 

there is another tread with similar error: Solved: Error during Approval step; InvalidRequestContent - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Unfortunatly the author just recreated the flow to get it work again.

I builded a flow as you did, on my side it works fine. Can you please share the "Append to an array" action and "Approval" action (only attachment is necessary) in flow edit mode? Can you please completly clear the Attachment array field within your approval and add your variable again? Maybe there is a not visible character (whitespace etc.)? Otherwise please recreate your "Append to array variable" by clearing everything (or better copying it to a text editor like VS Code/Editor etc.), clear every reference from Power Automate, add it again and set the dynamic values again.

Hope this helps you!

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MarvinBangert
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @Mischa2710 

there is another tread with similar error: Solved: Error during Approval step; InvalidRequestContent - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Unfortunatly the author just recreated the flow to get it work again.

I builded a flow as you did, on my side it works fine. Can you please share the "Append to an array" action and "Approval" action (only attachment is necessary) in flow edit mode? Can you please completly clear the Attachment array field within your approval and add your variable again? Maybe there is a not visible character (whitespace etc.)? Otherwise please recreate your "Append to array variable" by clearing everything (or better copying it to a text editor like VS Code/Editor etc.), clear every reference from Power Automate, add it again and set the dynamic values again.

Hope this helps you!

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

Hi Marvin,

I rebuild the flow once again and now it works .... thank you once again.

Best regards

Michael

Mischa2710
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @MarvinBangert 

I tried to enter the flow with the running attachments into the old flow step by step. The old flow didn´t work with attachments. And now I´ve the same problem once again. I tried everything you proposed to delete, I buildt the part of the flow for the attachments completely once again. Nothing helps. Any further idea? Is this a bug in the system?

Hi @Mischa2710 

do both flows (old and new one you created on monday) does not work anymore? Did it worked before for a while? Do you have any export of your old flow? What is happening, when you recreate the flow again, at least until the approval? Do you have another tenant to test this or another environment? Does this happens to all items, what is about items that once worked?

Best regards
Marvin

Mischa2710
Helper III
Helper III

Only the old one (which is a really big flow) doesn´t work. The new one works. I tried everything, but no way. So I copied now the old flow into the new flow and now it works. That´s very strange and annoying as it costs a lot of time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,825)