cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajesh
Level: Powered On

Flow Approval - Dynamic parallel approval, end when anyone rejects

Hi

I've a requirement to send approval requests to multiple teams at once in parallel. User fills the data in a SharePoint list, selects the different teams(choice column that allows multiple selection) and other metadata and submits.  Each team has a set of approvers. Once the form is submitted then the flow sends approval requests to approvers of all selected teams in parallel. I've managed to get the dynamic parallel approval process working using the foreach action and setting the concurrency control for the foreach loop of teams. (https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/advanced-flow-of-the-week-send-parallel-approval-requests-to-a...

Within the forach loop of team, I get all the approvers for the respective team which looks like approver1;approver2;approver 3 etc., start an approval process with approval type set to anyone from the assigned list which means any approver from the team can complete the approval process. I'm able to collate the approvals from all the teams and decide whether the request is approved by all or rejected by one or more teams. What  I would like to do is, when any approver from a team rejects the request then terminate the approval process completely and send a mail to requestor without other teams approvers having to complete their approval process. Also remove the pending approvals from the approvers of those teams that have not yet reviewed. Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow Approval - Dynamic parallel approval, end when anyone rejects

Hi @Rajesh,

Do you want to terminate the flow when any approver Reject the request?

Do you want to stop other parallel approvals when a team rejects the request?

Please check the following flow for a reference.

Under the action Start an approval, add a Condition to check if Responses contains Reject, if yes, terminate the flow and set the variable to Failed.

1.PNG

Besides, it is not possible to remove pending approvals from the approvers that have not yet reviewed, if you need this feature, please submit a request on Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Rajesh
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow Approval - Dynamic parallel approval, end when anyone rejects

The start approval process is within the foreach loop as the number of teams is dynamic as shown below. I've turned on the concurrency control on the foreach control so that all teams are notified at once and approvers from the respective teams can start reviewing the request in parallel.  I would like to terminate when any approver from a team rejects the request. Requestor is notified that request is request is rejected and needs to amend and resubmit

approval.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 271 members 5,468 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: