cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow - Approve - Reject - Change request/further information option

Hello,  This seems like a complicated flow, it might not be to some of you but let me know what you think. Any help is much appreciated. 

I've been tasked with creating a flow that captures approval and rejections but also 'change requests'.   A member of staff completes the application form and depending on where they are based it will get routed to the relevant area.  The form is reviewed - currently it can be approved/rejected but I need the approvers to be able to request for additional information and for the applicant to add this information so the flow can start up again. 

My concern is, I don't want it to trigger if a team member decides to make a change but only when the applicant makes the change with the new information and for the new information to be sent to the person requesting the change.

I currently have two lists.  List 1 - Is the applicant's point of entry so to speak, their submission goes to the first level of approval then once approved it gets populated in List 2 and that's when I can get the switch and initialize variable to kick in and moves to the second level of approval.

The application gets sent to the relevant department and they can decide whether or not to approve or reject, but I need them to be able to request more information 'change request' and for the applicant to update the item and then for that to be sent to the person asking for the change - Approval flow. 

It just seems so complicated, any ideas? I have some screenshots for the flow for the second list that might help. 

Thanks so much. 

FlownewWhen an item....PNGcreate an approval.PNGRejection.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The function that you mentioned to change request could be achieved by custom responses, however the request would be finished when the response is created. And if requestor would change the request, a new approval would sent in a new flow run progress.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can configure Custom Outcomes and one of them can be additional Information besides Approve and Reject. 

Then if user selected additional information, send task to other person and capture his input and circle back to main.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The function that you mentioned to change request could be achieved by custom responses, however the request would be finished when the response is created. And if requestor would change the request, a new approval would sent in a new flow run progress.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,928)