Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

[Flow] [ Azure DevOps] Trigger on delete work item

Hello,

Flow Type: Automatic

Connectors used: Azure Devops / O365

I'm looking to create a flow that will update an O365 calendar based on the action of deleting a work items on Azure Devops.

But i don't find the correct trigger or a way to do it.

I suppose I can use the "on update" trigger but I will have to find a way to find the fields that is changed...

Another way is to make it  a planned flow and do the flow action on  the work items localised on the recycle bin between the last launch of the flow and the execution of the currrent one if I get it correctly.

Thanks for reading me and for your future help. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Stefen974,

You could consider use the trigger When a work item is closed instead of deleting it. There is no trigger that can monitor the recycle bin, so you could not update O365 calendar according to the DevOps recycle bin. But you can use the trigger When a work item is closed to monitor when the item is closed.

Annotation 2019-10-08 095958.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Thank you for your answer.

This was an alternative to not delete but I would have preferred a delete trigger.

Do you know if it may be developped and deployed or i'll never see the delete trigger for Azure Devops?

Regards

Stefen

Highlighted

I'm also looking for a solution to this. The only solution I found is telling every body in the company to use the state "Removed" instead of actually deleting work items! It works but you have to admit it's far from perfect and people tend to forget and use it anyway sometimes.

If it's not possible in Flow, does anyone knows if there's a way to call a webhook on work item deletion in DevOps? If so, we could create a flow that would be called when the delete happens. Other that that, maybe it's possible to customize the behavior in devops to make some other changes on the workitem prior to delete it or to prevent deletion.

Highlighted

Well I'm glad to confirm that it is possible to configure a Web Hook in your project and use a Http request triggered Flow to receive and process events. A real support in the Flow connector would be far better but it's best than nothing! Note that you may also want to make one when a WorkItem is restored.

nicolasdb_0-1603979675441.png

nicolasdb_1-1603979834080.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,060)