Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Najwa_Rahal
Helper III
Helper III

Flow Between Sharepoint and Teams

Hello, 

I wish creating a flow between Sharepoint and Teams and I am not familiar with the flow configuration. 

I tried to configure it and I am not following up the Steps and the Parameters. 

Your help is highly appreciated. 

Flow Description

Flow  Sharepoint to Teams for a specific Contact on Teams

Items Sharepoint List Items

Trigger the message is triggered if  column Deadline ( Date ) and column Status ( text ) are equal to specific values

Message YES/NO when the user hit on YES --> Status column will be automatically updated with Value Done 

I started to configure this flow and it was difficult to find the corresponding contact on teams and write the formulas to trigger the message and update the list column. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.41.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-22 at 10.44.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-22 at 10.40.00 AM.png

4 REPLIES 4
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @Najwa_Rahal  you have 2 options to get the ID, the first one is adding after post message a list channels like this

id.PNG

the other way is manually see this tutorial

1. Go to the Teams channel that you want to post all your help requests to.

2. Select More options (...) for the channel.

3. Select Get link to channel.

1.png

1. Copy the link and paste it in a text editor.

2. Extract the Team ID, which is everything after groupId= and before &tenantId=.
    For example, in the following URL, the channel ID is
    8bc7c0c2-0d4c-4fb8-af99-32da74c9237b

https://teams.microsoft.com/l/channel/19%3ab2fa9fc20f3042a9b63fc5890e1813f8%40thread.tacv2/General?g...

3. Extract the Channel ID, which is everything after https://teams.microsoft.com/l/channel/ and before /General.
    For example, in the following URL, the channel ID is
    19%3ab2fa9fc20f3042a9b63fc5890e1813f8%40thread.tacv2

https://teams.microsoft.com/l/channel/19%3ab2fa9fc20f3042a9b63fc5890e1813f8%40thread.tacv2/General?g...,

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hello Christian,

Thank you for your reply. Can I post the message for a specific Contact and not a Channel ? 

Thank you. 

Najwa. 

@Najwa_Rahal  yes with this action you can post a message to a user

user.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi Christian, 

Thank you. I saw the flow ! very helpful. 

is it possible to create team messages triggers by a specific value in Sharepoint Lists such as Deadline ? 

Thank you. 

Najwa. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,787)