cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilAubin
Level: Power Up

Flow Buttons in IOS not working when there is a text input

Hi 

So I am getting errors when trying to get a Flow button to manually trigger things. One is to simply create a task. 

If it requires no input then it runs fine. But if you ask for some text such as task name and then use that in the create a task action then it errors. I am asking here as unsure if it is to do with environments or language settings as the error message in full is:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Create_a_task' inputs at line '1' and column '1760': 'The template language expression 'triggerBody()['text']' cannot be evaluated because property 'text' doesn't exist, available properties are ''. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

I originally took this from the templates but have since recreated from scratch and it’s still not working. 

When you test this flow from the portal, then it works fine. 

Any pointers please?

Thanks

Neil

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
jrideoutswca
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow Buttons in IOS not working when there is a text input

I just started experiencing the same issue. Interested to see what comes of this thread.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @NeilAubin,

I have made a test on my iphone 6sp have don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The screenshot on my flow as below:

20180815_064525000_iOS.png

The flow would run successfully as below:

20180815_064454000_iOS.png

20180815_064503000_iOS.png   

Please check if your Flow app in your phone is the latest version, if no, please update the app to the latest version to see if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Alice

NeilAubin

Thanks for this. I have checked that my Flow is updated. Version is 2.29.0

I have also looked at other flows that I have created and there is a pattern in that any Flow that requires some form of input (I have another one that creates an email when you enter a subject) also do not work from the widget screen. 

To clarify - when I am in the Flow app and I either select "Flows" or "Buttons" icons from within the app and run them, then they work fine. The problem is only when I am on the home screen within IOS and I swipe right to get to the Widgets screen. It is when I try and run the flow buttons from this screen that they fail.

Can you check if that sequence is also working fine for you? 

jrideoutswca
Level: Powered On

My experience is the same as @NeilAubin. My flow works perfectly from within the Flow app and from the browser. It's only from the button widget in iOS that it seems to fail. 

JacquesHu

Hi,

Did you find an issue ? Because I've the same problem with task or weather button.

Thanks

NeilAubin

No. The issue is still there and I have not been given any further help which is disappointing.
mstyles

I have this same issue. I have the button visible in my widgets, but when I press it I just get a check mark rather than a form opening to enter the required inputs. The flow then fails.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,997)