cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flow Connection Error

Hello,

I've numbered accounts to simplify the question.

1) Account which I would like to be the email sender

2) Administration account

3, 4) generic users

I've created a flow with a powerapp trigger which send an e-mail:

send_email.PNG

The sender of the e-mail must be Account 1 "support@contoso.com" which is different from both the flow author (2) and the powerapp user.

I've created a connection for user 1 and given that to the "send email as" task on the flow.

If I trigger the flow from the powerapp it goes smoothly but if another user does it, I receive a "Forbidden" error.

Flow runs:

flow_runs.PNG

This is the error message:

error.PNG

I would like to highlight this from the error message: 

"code""ErrorSendAsDenied"

and the error details roughly tranlsates to:
You are not authorized to send an email as the email account sender specified

To trigger the event I've simply put a button on a power app which runs the flow onSelect, The successful runs are from account 2 and the errors are from a generic account 4.

Notice that in the browser with account 2 I was also directly logged in to account 1 so that might be why account 2 can send emails for account 1

How can I solve this?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

you need to give permissions to the flow connection email owner on support@contoso.com so he can send email as support@contoso.com

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,
Rahber

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, your Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

Highlighted

Sorry @Rahber  I didn't really understand your answer, The "send email v2" activity has already the support@ as connection if that's what u meant

Highlighted

okay @Brad_Groux , I'll edit the question trying to make things clearer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,041)