cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Thorne
Frequent Visitor

Flow Connector missing from DLP Rules

Hi all,

I'm writing a parent flow that will call a child flow (both flows in a solution).

The Parent Flow uses the Office 365 Email connector. 

When I put the Office 365 Email connector in the business category in DLP, the parent flow then complains about DLP violation.  If I move it to non-business category the DLP violation goes away.

However, I can't find a Flow connector to also put in the business category. 

Maybe it's called something else?  Does any one else know?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Which connector is Suppling data to Office 365 Email Connector? Each Connector that is used in this email action should be moved along with it to business so that they can communicate with each other.

Like and Mark this as answer if it resolves your issue.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
Michael_Thorne
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

The "Office 365 Outlook" connector is is trigger to the parent flow and it is feeding data into the flow.

As I am trying to debug my test flow pair is cut down to bare minimum.

Parent Flow:

Office 365 Outlook trigger -> Run a child flow

Child Flow:

Manual Trigger -> Initialise Variable -> Set Variable -> Respond to a PowerApp or Flow

In my personal development environment I just need "Office 365 Outlook" and "HTTP" in the business category for this work correctly, but in my "real" production environment I'm still getting a DLP issue when attempting to turn on the parent flow (the child flow is already turned on) with both these in the business category.

The "Trigger child flow" activity works internally as an HTTP connector. Therefore you get the DLP error, if the HTTP connector is not in the business scope as your other connectors.
It's a known issue and hopefully solved soon:
Call Child Flows - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,210)