Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucas_Goncalves
Advocate II
Advocate II

[Flow Creation] - Conditional Flow - Approvers

Hello All!

I want to create a flow to multiple approvers:

If the requestor is A, Approvers are B, then C.

If the requestor is M, Approvers are N, then O

I need to create a list of the approvers, then associate it to the flow?

Can you help me on step by step on creating this flow? I searched on google and it only showed me Sharepoint designer flows...

8 REPLIES 8
yashag2255
Super User
Super User

Hi @Lucas_Goncalves 

Can you share more details on this? Where is your data of requesters and approvers being stored? What is the tirgger that you are using to trigger the approval? 

If the data is on sharepoint, you can map the user to approvers by creating the column and allowing the requestor to select the approver. 

If it is manager relation type, and you have O365 configured, you can use the get manager and create the next action steps. 

And if you just want to do it within flow, you can create arrays - 1. Requestors and 2. Approvers and add apply to each conrols to iterate over each requestor and assign the particular approvers. 

If you can share more details about this, we might be able to assist you better. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hello, I will place a Button of choice so the user needs to select area´s of work.

Example:

Sellers need to select the area´s of work (so system can select the approvers).

Seller select Area 1, so system will assing workflow´s task to supervisor 1, then if approved, manager area 1, and if approved then country´s director.

If Seller select Area 2, then supervisor 2, manager area 1 and country´s director.

If Seller select Area 3, then Supervisor 3 and manager area 2.

And so on.

The area´s approval will be on a excel file.

Excel file info:

Columns:

Seller name | Site area | Approver lvl 1 | E-mail approver lvl 1 | Approver lvl 2 | E-mail approver lvl 2 | 

Hi @Lucas_Goncalves ,

Your flow is based on Excel file. If so, I am afraid you cannot use trigger likes When an item is created.

For a selected row is the only available trigger For Excel online.

Further, if you want to send out the request to corresponding approvers according to the selected Area, please consider using Switch cases.

I have set up a flow likes below for your reference. You could add more cases if you have many Areas.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel         

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello! Sorry for late reply!

I was waiting confirmation on the updated flow approval but user still did not repplied to me. As soon as they repply I will post here

BUT I have another flow I´m creating, with the flow below, which might have same answer to it

Please note that, there is a step where only one person will approve, other 3 person will receive the task but if one of them approves, the process go on, also there is a conditional task (if the price is above or below 10 US, the fow changes the approvers

Anyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.everyone approves, the order MATTERS! Conditional on valueAnyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.everyone approves, the order MATTERS! Conditional on value Anyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.
TaisBrian OR Ramón OR Laura TaísRECEIVABLE (2 persons)

RECEIVABLE (2 persons) and Katia (IF iten is under 10 U$) OR

RECEIVABLE (2 persons), Katia and Marcos (IF iten is above 10,01 U$)

AP (1 group e-mail)Tais

Larissa OR Maria OR Daiana-> 

Then

Acount payable (1 group e-mail) ->

Then

Jeane OR Daniele

RECEIVABLE (2 persons) and Katia (IF iten is under 10 U$) OR

RECEIVABLE (2 persons), Katia and Marcos (IF iten is above 10,01 U$)

AP (1 group e-mail)TaisRECEIVABLE (2 persons)-> CarolinaRECEIVABLE (2 persons)Tais

Hi @Lucas_Goncalves ,

Have you tried the flow configuration I suggested?

Does it work for your scenario?

Best regards,

Mabel  

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Yamao!

Sorry, I´m new in flow and learning step by step.

I just got sucessfull on e-mail reminder flow (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Document-Expiration-reminder-ExpColumn-ExpDate-do...) and now I´m challeging myself on workflow approval.

Can you drawn step by step 2 type of flows, 2 lvls and I will try to build it the extensive one I showed up? The example you shown me was not enought to get it doing.

Example 1: approval 1 - 1 e-mail/user, when approved, then 3 e-mail/users (anyone approving, no matter the order) then the flow ends.

Example 2: approval 2 - 1 e-mail/user, when approved, IF the column "VALUE" is below 100.000,00, then user "Maria" should approve. IF the column is above 100.000,01, then user "Maria" and "Brian" needs to approve, on this order.

Thanks in advance!

Hello! Any news? Need your support...

Helpful resources

Announcements

Super User of the Month | Drew Poggemann

As part of a new monthly feature in the Community, we are excited to share that Drew Poggemann is our featured Super User for the month of February 2024. If you've been in the Community for a while, we're sure Drew's name is familiar to you, as he is one of our most active contributors--he's been a Super User for five consecutive seasons!   Since authoring his first reply 5 years ago to his 514th solution authored, Drew has helped countless Community members with his insights and expertise. In addition to being a Super User, Drew is also a User Group leader and a Microsoft MVP. His contributions to our Super User sessions and to the new SUIT program are always welcome--as well as his sense of humor and fun-loving way of sharing what he knows with others.   When Drew is not solving problems and authoring solutions, he's busy overseeing the Solution Architecture team at HBS, specializing in application architecture and business solution strategy--something he's been doing for over 30 years. We are grateful for Drew and the amazing way he has used his talent and skills to help so many others in the Community. If you are part of the SUIT program, you got to hear some great tips from Drew at the first SUIT session--and we know he still has much more to share!You can find him in the Community and on LinkedIn. Thank you for all you do, Drew!

Announcing Power Apps Copilot Cookbook Gallery

We are excited to share that the all-new Copilot Cookbook Gallery for Power Apps is now available in the Power Apps Community, full of tips and tricks on how to best use Microsoft Copilot as you develop and create in Power Apps. The new Copilot Cookbook is your go-to resource when you need inspiration--or when you're stuck--and aren't sure how to best partner with Copilot while creating apps.   Whether you're looking for the best prompts or just want to know about responsible AI use, visit Copilot Cookbook for regular updates you can rely on--while also serving up some of your greatest tips and tricks for the Community. Our team will be reviewing posts using the new "Copilot Studio" label to ensure we highlight and amplify the most relevant and recent content, so you're assured of high-quality content every time you visit. If you share a post that gets featured in the curated gallery, you'll get a PM in the Community to let you know!The curated gallery is ready for you to experience now, so visit the new Copilot Cookbook for Power Apps today: Copilot Cookbook - Power Platform Community. We can't wait to see what you "cook" up!    

Celebrating a New Season of Super Users with Charles Lamanna, CVP Microsoft Business Applications

February 8 was the kickoff to the 2024 Season One Super User program for Power Platform Communities, and we are thrilled to welcome back so many returning Super Users--as well as so many brand new Super Users who started their journey last fall. Our Community Super Users are the true heroes, answering questions, providing solutions, filtering spam, and so much more. The impact they make on the Communities each day is significant, and we wanted to do something special to welcome them at our first kickoff meeting of the year.   Charles Lamanna, Microsoft CVP of Business Applications, has stressed frequently how valuable our Community is to the growth and potential of Power Platform, and we are honored to share this message from him to our 2024 Season One Super Users--as well as anyone who might be interested in joining this elite group of Community members.     If you want to know more about Super Users, check out these posts for more information today:    Power Apps: What is A Super User? - Power Platform CommunityPower Automate: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community Copilot Studio: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community Power Pages: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community

Super Users 2024 Season One is Here!

We are excited to announce the first season of our 2024 Super Users is here! Our kickoff to the new year welcomes many returning Super Users and several new faces, and it's always exciting to see the impact these incredible individuals will have on the Community in 2024! We are so grateful for the daily difference they make in the Community already and know they will keep staying engaged and excited for all that will happen this year.   How to Spot a Super User in the Community:Have you ever written a post or asked for help in the Community and had it answered by a user with the Super User icon next to their name? It means you have found the actual, real-life superheroes of the Power Platform Community! Super Users are our heroes because of the way they consistently make a difference in the Community. Our amazing Super Users help keep the Community a safe place by flagging spam and letting the Community Managers know about issues. They also make the Community a great place to find answers, because they are often the first to offer solutions and get clarity on questions. Finally, Super Users share valuable insights on ways to keep the Community growing, engaging, and looking ahead!We are honored to reveal the new badges for this season of Super Users! Congratulations to all the new and returning Super Users!     To better answer the question "What is a Super User?" please check out this article: Power Apps: What is A Super User? - Power Platform CommunityPower Automate: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community Copilot Studio: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community Power Pages: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community

Did You Attend the Microsoft Power Platform Conference in 2022 or 2023? Claim Your Badge Today!

If you were one of the thousands of people who joined us at the first #MPPC Microsoft Power Platform Conference in 2022 in Orlando--or attended the second-annual conference in Las Vegas in 2023--we are excited to honor you with a special community badge! Show your support for #MPPC Microsoft Power Platform Conference this year by claiming your badge!           Just follow this link to claim your badge for attending #MPPC in 2022 and/or 2023: MPPCBadgeRequest    Want to earn your badge for 2024? Just keep watching our News & Announcements for the latest updates on #MPPC24.

Microsoft Power Platform | 2024 Release Wave 1 Plan

Check out the latest Microsoft Power Platform release plans for 2024!   We have a whole host of exciting new features to help you be more productive, enhance delegation, run automated testing, build responsive pages, and so much more.    Click the links below to see not only our forthcoming releases, but to also try out some of the new features that have recently been released to market across:     Power Apps  Power Automate  Copilot Studio   We can’t wait to share with you all the upcoming releases that will help take your Power Platform experience to the next level!    Check out the entire Release Wave: Power Platform Complete Release Planner 

Users online (4,802)