cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcelM
Frequent Visitor

Flow Deployment not working Missing Solution "Active"

Hi all,

I build four flows. One of them is a child Flow and the other three are calling this child flow.

I created them inside a flow solution.

All them access and update data via the CDS to Dynamics 365.

It's nothing special really. The only thing that is new is the child flow. It's the first time that I have been using one.

Now I want to deploy all the flows from our dev environment to our test environment.

But when doing so I get a weird error stating:

Solution "CRM Flows Infomail" failed to import: Failed to find connection references with logical name(s) 'kvs_sharedcommondataserviceforapps_127af'. Please check if connection references exists.

I am trying to deploy the solution with all the four flows via the Power Automate page. I don't know what "the sharedcommondataserviceforapps_127af" is. the "kvs" is our solution prefix.

I tried to add the required components but it's still not working. I tried to deploy the flows without the solution but get the same error and it tells me that I am missing kvs_sharedcommondataserviceforapps_127af from the "active" solution.

I also tried to deploy the solution with the "old" solution manager inside of Dynamics 365 but get the same dependency error.

Any idea how to resolve this error? is it related to the child flow?

Regards,
Marcel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarcelM
Frequent Visitor

For anyone wondering I found the solution on my own:

The problem seems to be that I created a new connection of the common data service (current environment). it then created a record of the type "Connection Reference" inside Dynamics. The strange thing is that this happened the first time. All my other flows did not have this behaviour even when they used the same connector.

Now i was able to import the flow solution after I added this "connection reference" to the solution and then exported again.

It then created the connection reference in the other dynamics system as well as a new record.

If you have the same problem. Go to your flow solution and "Add existing -> Connection Reference (preview)" and add e.g. the common data service (current environment) if you were using that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

Are you doing export import?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
MarcelM
Frequent Visitor

For anyone wondering I found the solution on my own:

The problem seems to be that I created a new connection of the common data service (current environment). it then created a record of the type "Connection Reference" inside Dynamics. The strange thing is that this happened the first time. All my other flows did not have this behaviour even when they used the same connector.

Now i was able to import the flow solution after I added this "connection reference" to the solution and then exported again.

It then created the connection reference in the other dynamics system as well as a new record.

If you have the same problem. Go to your flow solution and "Add existing -> Connection Reference (preview)" and add e.g. the common data service (current environment) if you were using that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,558)