cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcpro
Level: Powered On

Flow Does Not Work

Hi,

I have a Flow setup to submit responses from a Form to a Teams channel.  It doesn't appear to be working at all.  I'm getting no alerts indicating any failures.  How can I even begin troubleshooting this?  I've gone over the configuration multiple times and can't seem to find anything obvious that would be the root cause of this.  Here's the layout:

vmware_2017-08-03_14-12-59.png

After multiple Forms submissions, only one came through but the formatting was completely garbled, I don't understand how this can be so intermittent, not reliable at all. 

This is what the form submission in Teams looks like, absolutely not useful at all and nothing like the layout above:

@COMPANY Team -CLIENT NEW HIRE NOTIFICATION- Name of Requestor: @{triggerBody()?['r148992fbdd2d464aa41eae90d40cfda5']} Date of Submission: @{triggerBody()?['submitDate']} New Hires Full Name: @{triggerBody()?['r7fb19950c9bb4853add5d8730ec69cec']} New Hire Start Date: @{triggerBody()?['r7e5897c5a4484de2a3ef9df1652b898d']} Office365 License Type: @{triggerBody()?['rc1a5a38318a441948d8772b577e7ad52']} Please ensure to create Autotask ticket for this request.
9 REPLIES 9
miliscm

Re: Flow Does Not Work

jcpro

This does not work.  The problem is the form just doesn't appear to work, and only intermittently works. 

About 1 time out of 10 of the form being filled out do I see ANY response being posted to Teams. 

There's something fundamentally wrong with the way Flow operates if there's absolutely no way to troubleshoot and see why connectivity / integration / whatever is not working.

ChrisJones
Level: Power Up

Same issue. It's infuriating. 

I'm attempting to communicate from an MS Form to VSTS and Teams with new work orders using the Automatically file bugs and notify team flow. But, it's intermittent if at all. 

I've setup, re-setup, and gone over every detail of my flows. It's bad software, not bad configuration. 

jcpro

I've had to open a case with Microsoft Support to help me with this.  I've been informed that Flows only triggers once per hour.  It would be good to have it enabled to react faster, especially for testing purposes.  Also, it's unclear when the triggers activate if it's at the top of each hour or an hour after the Flow was created?  Really not sure.

ChrisJones

I could live with the once an hour functionality. But, what I've observed is instant updates, long delayed updates, and none at all (the most frequent case. 

My an automation / flow system wouldn't use webhooks is a mystery to me. 

Does your system work now?

jcpro

Well funny you ask, no, it's not working.  Or, it works intermittently and there's no rhyme or reason to why it does or not. 

For instance, yesterday I submitted multiple Forms responses which Flow is supposed to pick up but this is the Run History and it doesn't even indicate anything triggered, how can this entire system be relied upon when this is real world deployment experience?:

Capture.PNG

miliscm

I did the test using "create from blank" -> "Search sinks of connectors and triggers"
I searched for "forms" -> I selected "Microsoft Forms" -> "When a new response is submitted"
I selected the "from Title" that I created -> "New Step" -> "Action" -> "Approvals" -> Start an approval

I filled in the Title and Assigned to fields to test.

I clicked Save Flow -> Done

-------------------------------------------------- -
Answer the survey created in Foms as a test, please wait 1 hour.
If within this "1 hour" you change some field in the forms, after saving the changes will have to wait 1 hour again.

If you do not make any changes to the form, after 1 hour you will run the stream and send all the responses that occur in the last hour.

After that you will have to wait another 1 hour for the next shipment.

I tested it and it worked. I am using so that the candidate for a job respond the form with your personal data and a person in the company does approve this registration.

emilianoheyns

That's just pathetic. Once an hour, for event-based flows? I flag a message, I must wait an hour to see whether the flow triggers?

O365 is a clusterf*ck. I wished my org had gone with GApps.

Super User
Super User

I just tried the same. 

First I tried submitting a Form and just sending myself an email. this 10kred 10 out of 10 times. So it doens't look like the trigger is the issue.

Then I created a message in teams with just plain text in it. This worked as well. 

My initial thought is that the problem has something to do with the dynamic content in your post. Could you take out the dynamic content and then see if the post is created. Then add one dynamic content field again and see if this works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 177 members 3,262 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: