cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luvsql
Helper II
Helper II

Flow Emails Being Sent From My Account

Due to the data sensitivity of the emails being sent, I cannot have the flow emails being sent from my email address (I now see all the emails on my cellphone as sent).  My first flow I created uses Form data then sends the email via "send an email notification (V3) and works flawlessly.  The email show as coming from "Microsoft Forms" and NOT from my own email address.

For some reason, the flow I'm setting up to send an email from new data in a SharePoint list, I cannot use this "Send an email notification (V3) and have to instead use the Outlook connector called "Send an email (V2)."  This was done literally by a Microsoft support agent that connected to my PC and changed it to this (as I was trying to use the "Send an email notification (V3)").

Now all the emails are showing from ME and they all go into my Sent Items.  It's also skewing my email usage, which we monitor.

I just had a second Microsoft support person connect and told me it's not possible to have a Flow email sent from anyone except for myself.  He then deleted my step and added one called "Office 365 Outlook send an email from a shared mailbox" and made me create additional shared mailboxes, which didn't work and thus broke my flow completely.

I had to put it back to the way it was so at least I have emails flowing but using my account.

1.  Why can't I use the working V3 one that I used in my other flow since that one sends the emails from a MS account?

2.  If I can't use that one, is it not possible to have flow emails sent from a different email address?  I tried using the Send As then choosing the dynamics filed "Created by" but that fails and was told I have to literally had every employee as a delegate to my own email address, which of course, I refused to do.

Is this a lot I'm asking?

4 REPLIES 4
Jcook
MVP

Hello @luvsql 

The Send an Email notification V3 has some limitations: See here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sendmail/#known-issues-and-limitations

What I suggest doing is setting up a Service Account for Flow emails. Than using this accounts credentials to connect to the Outlook Send email action.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

I am very green when it comes to AD Azure.  We are not E3/E5 licensed and only have local AD server synchronizing with AD Azure so would I still be able to setup a service account?

I'm not understanding why my other flow works perfect with the V3 connector but this one does not.  Can we not use Shared Mailboxes to send these emails?  I send emails all the time from Shared Mailboxes to users so I don't understand why we can't with flows.

SUpport also had me try using the connector "send email from shared mailbox" but those failed as well saying a folder didn't exist.  

Hi @luvsql 

A service account is just an account like any user, but only used for services.

For example, an account can be created in AD with:

First Name = PowerAutomate

Last Name = Mail

Email = PowerAuotmate.Mail@yourorganization.com  

Now only use this account for Power Automate Mail actions.

As for your question regarding the use of the connectors.

It is hard to say why the Email Notification one works for other flows and not for others.

If your org is using office365, this could be why Microsoft support advises to use outlook connector for outlook/365 emails.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Send as a shared mailbox.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,667)