cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Flow Error

Hi, hope someone can help...

I'm building a flow on a SharePoint list. Each item on the list as an 'order type' & 'job type'. I want to set it to email certain people if a new item appears with specific order and job type. I've managed to setup the flow to successfully email people when a specific order type is selected however when trying to delve deeper and split the order type into job type I'm getting the error below:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

What is set for "Select an output from previous steps" in the flow "Apply to each2"? From what I see in the error, it looks like a string item has been set there. An Array entry should be specified there.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Regular Visitor

For some reason it didn't put the rest of my message in. Here it is:

flow error.png

And again, not sure what is going on here:

I've set it to use a switch on the order type to email specific users - this works fine. I've then tried to split one of the order types down into job types, using a switch again and I get that error.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

Microsoft
Microsoft

What is set for "Select an output from previous steps" in the flow "Apply to each2"? From what I see in the error, it looks like a string item has been set there. An Array entry should be specified there.

View solution in original post

Hi Askondo,

Thanks for the reply. Here are a couple of screenshots. The 2nd screenshot is the switch that i've got on the 1st screenshot - hope that makes sense:

1.png2.png

Cheers

Gary

hi @thegnic  the error is because you are using apply to each that means that you need an array value, (an array in a group of responses). So if you give a string like 1 response this is not an array, thats why you are getting that error.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi, think i have sorted it - looks like I had an extra step in there that wasn't needed. Here is what works now:

3.png

Thanks all.

Gary

excellent @thegnic  please consider to mark an answer as solution and like it, if could help you to solved what you need

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,601)