cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thegnic
Frequent Visitor

Flow Error

Hi, hope someone can help...

I'm building a flow on a SharePoint list. Each item on the list as an 'order type' & 'job type'. I want to set it to email certain people if a new item appears with specific order and job type. I've managed to setup the flow to successfully email people when a specific order type is selected however when trying to delve deeper and split the order type into job type I'm getting the error below:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
askondo
Microsoft
Microsoft

What is set for "Select an output from previous steps" in the flow "Apply to each2"? From what I see in the error, it looks like a string item has been set there. An Array entry should be specified there.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
thegnic
Frequent Visitor

For some reason it didn't put the rest of my message in. Here it is:

flow error.png

thegnic
Frequent Visitor

And again, not sure what is going on here:

I've set it to use a switch on the order type to email specific users - this works fine. I've then tried to split one of the order types down into job types, using a switch again and I get that error.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

askondo
Microsoft
Microsoft

What is set for "Select an output from previous steps" in the flow "Apply to each2"? From what I see in the error, it looks like a string item has been set there. An Array entry should be specified there.

View solution in original post

thegnic
Frequent Visitor

Hi Askondo,

Thanks for the reply. Here are a couple of screenshots. The 2nd screenshot is the switch that i've got on the 1st screenshot - hope that makes sense:

1.png2.png

Cheers

Gary

hi @thegnic  the error is because you are using apply to each that means that you need an array value, (an array in a group of responses). So if you give a string like 1 response this is not an array, thats why you are getting that error.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi, think i have sorted it - looks like I had an extra step in there that wasn't needed. Here is what works now:

3.png

Thanks all.

Gary

excellent @thegnic  please consider to mark an answer as solution and like it, if could help you to solved what you need

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (84,567)