cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flow Excel Adding Handling Non-string and complex content

Hi, 

I'm using the flow addin for excel to successfully move numbers and text strings from an excel file to a template in Word using Populate Microsoft Word Template (for Microsoft Online for Business) to fill in Form elements in the Word template.   

Is there a way to move more complex data types from excel into the Word Document using Flow?  In particular, I'd like to move charts and graphs.  I don't see an easy way to move images or charts, and I can't seem to place form elements inside a Chart Object in the Word document so that I could pass data and then populate Chart Objects in Word instead of Excel.  

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow Excel Adding Handling Non-string and complex content

Hi @SolarGuru ,

Thanks for feedback.

But I am afraid that it might be not possible currently. We could only populate numbers and text strings from Excel file to a template.

Please feel free submit your request on Flow Ideas Forum, so that it could be taken into consideration in future releases:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SolarGuru ,

Thanks for feedback.

But I am afraid that it might be not possible currently. We could only populate numbers and text strings from Excel file to a template.

Please feel free submit your request on Flow Ideas Forum, so that it could be taken into consideration in future releases:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for the quick response @v-yamao-msft !  I'll spend the time looking at the other potential solutions.  You've saved me a ton of time and effort.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,846)