cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
samstarzy
Level: Powered On

Flow Fail: Update "Person or Group" Type Metadata in Sharepoint Document Library From Sharepoin List

Hello all,

I am building a flow that takes an attachment (and metadata) that a user submits to a Sharepoint list and copies it to a specified document library.

I was able to successfully run this flow until I added a data collumn to capture the person that submitted the list item and attachment to trigger the flow. See below.

Capture.PNG

I then added this metadata to my document library and the flow began failing, both when trying to update the data, and when leaving it blank. See below.

Capture1.PNG

Here is the flow when it is set to leave the "Submitted by claims" field blank.

Capture2.PNGThe metadata should not copy over here.

Here is the error output when the flow is instructed to leave the data blank, as seen above.

Capture4.PNGHighlighted error message included below

Body

{
  "message""User value is invalid.\r\nclientRequestId: e560c883-3179-4a0e-b860-f3cba7b69a56\r\nserviceRequestId: 0274709e-0082-0000-0a60-c458b70cd648",
  "status"400,
  "source""https://ndepanaconda.sharepoint.com/sites/anacondapublicrecords/_api/SP.APIHubConnector.UpdateListItem",
  "errors": [
    "-1",
    "Microsoft.SharePoint.SPConnectorException"
  ]
}

And here is the flow when the "Submitted by Claims" data is set to be taken from "When an item is Created" dynamic content.

Capture3.PNG"Submitted by Claims" taken from "When an Item is Created" Dynamic Content

And here is that flow failing.

Capture5.PNGError message is the same as before. See below.

Body
{
  "status"400,
  "message""User value is invalid.\r\nclientRequestId: a873746a-5ca5-4f4b-992a-f6270abd3c1e\r\nserviceRequestId: 0472709e-3046-0000-0a60-c31393e07f91",
  "source""https://ndepanaconda.sharepoint.com/sites/anacondapublicrecords/_api/SP.APIHubConnector.UpdateListItem",
  "errors": [
    "-1",
    "Microsoft.SharePoint.SPConnectorException"
  ]
}

I am really confused as why this is failing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to clarify what is going on here.

Thank you,
Sam

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow Fail: Update "Person or Group" Type Metadata in Sharepoint Document Library From

I am having similar issues - I suspect that this may be a bug.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
samstarzy

Re: Flow Fail: Update "Person or Group" Type Metadata in Sharepoint Document Library From

Is there a way to report this as a bug then?

Super User
Super User

If you believe you found a bug, report it here

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In my scenario,

I'm having a people picker with multi select users option and by using send HTTP request to sharepoint i was able to get User details into PowerApps,

But When i try to use the same method and Get details of Another column details which is just a Singleline Text column. Its giving me Error on flow: The field or property 'Description' does not exist 

Any ideas would help.

Thanks

JS1

Did you ever get a resolution to this?

HWib

Having similar issue as well, would be great to find a resolution or whether this is feasible at all.

Dodge

Re: Flow Fail: Update "Person or Group" Type Metadata in Sharepoint Document Library From Sharepoin List

Same problem as the others, any idea on when this bug will be addressed?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 197 members 4,062 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: