cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Flow Fails Sharepoint Update Item after adding people (claims) column - REPEATABLE

This is a repeatable condition that whenever I add a new column to sharepoint, all Flows fail the update item steps!  The only work around I have found is to delete the step and re-create it.  I have attempted to populate the field, re-run, clear it, re-run.  No avail.  This is extremely time cosnuming, and error prone to downstream steps (because all of your update item references change).  I need a better work around ASAP, or a fix.  This is affecting my projects big time.  I need resolution!

Why cant I post images  here any more?

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Update_item_2' inputs at line '1' and column '2382': 'The template language expression 'triggerBody()['Updateitem_EngrgApproverClaims']' cannot be evaluated because property 'Updateitem_EngrgApproverClaims' doesn't exist, available properties are 'Getitem_Id'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

The people picker field "EngrgApprover" was just added in Sharepoint...  always fails all flows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow Fails Sharepoint Update Item after adding people (claims) column - REPEATABLE

This one had some anomaly on the powerapps side.  I had to save the flow as a new flow, then reattach in powerapps...

Each one of these is a troubleshooting project.  I like the idea of these kind of development tools, but they are far too flakey to be able to estimate time to complete projects.  

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow Fails Sharepoint Update Item after adding people (claims) column - REPEATABLE

Actually, this was a no-go this time.  I recreated the step, and the issue remains.  Please advise!!!

Super User
Super User

This one had some anomaly on the powerapps side.  I had to save the flow as a new flow, then reattach in powerapps...

Each one of these is a troubleshooting project.  I like the idea of these kind of development tools, but they are far too flakey to be able to estimate time to complete projects.  

olson
Level: Powered On

This is still happening. Not acceptable functionality. This needs to be fixed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 201 members 4,565 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: