Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lordhebert
Level: Powered On

Flow Failure Instant Email Notification

Hi folks,

I'm trying to build a simple flow based on a schedule that will notify somebody if the flow fails. I know that Microsoft send out a weekly flow failure, but I need more of a real time notification. Here's what I've done so far (I'm relatively new to Power Automate so any help you can provide will be great).

1. Flow Fail Instant 1.png

2. Flow Fail Instant 2.png

3. Now, if I use the condition above, when tested the flow works - but I get an error in the send an email portion

Flow Fail Instant 3.png

Probably something simple and any help would be most appreciated

TiA

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow Failure Instant Email Notification

The Flow doesn't fail, which is why the Send an email (V2) step does not complete, your condition is only going to send an email on failure. To test if the Flow logic is working, temporarily add a Send an email (V2) to the No branch of the condition, with a subject line of TESTING THE NO FAILURE LOGIC.

Also, you'll likely want to add some time-based logic to your condition so that you aren't notified of past failures that were covered by a previous notification email. For more on that see, Working with Dates and Times inside of your flows, and the Compare dates using conditions

Finally, if you provide your run history of the Flow we can provide more insight. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

lordhebert

Thanks for your help, I don't think I was clear about what I am trying to achieve. I added the if no as advised, I have 7 flows and I got 7 emails - I get the same result if I leave the if yes, but remove the condition so there is nothing there. 

What I'm trying to do, is to run a flow on a schedule that will inform me when any one of the 7 flows fails in the environment - currently, Microsoft's weekly email notification isn't immediate enough - I need to see if flows are failing in the entire tenant and in much more of a real time scenario. I'm trying to use "Flow State" dynamic content, perhaps this isn't the right one?

Best,

LHS

lordhebert

Also, how do I provide the run history for you please?

Best,

LHS

Super User
Super User

@lordhebert wrote:

Also, how do I provide the run history for you please?

Best,

LHS

Click All runs from the Flow overview page, then click on one of the failed Flow runs. It will show you which step the Flow is failing.

FlowRunHistory.png

👨🏻‍💻 If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,756)