Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSullivan
Frequent Visitor

Flow - Grab date from event recurrence in Sharepoint Calendar

Hi,

I am trying to create a program where the user can

1. Enter an event - Name, description, assigned to, number of days before event to send reminder
  2. Select recurrence period - every Tuesday, every 2 weeks, every month, every 3 months, etc.
  3. Select end date
  4. Receive email reminders every (x) days before event date

The Calendar app seems to have the date stuff figured out, but in the Flow to send the email recurring every day, I can't seem to find the event recurrences - only the first event. I am reading on these forums that they may just simply not be passed by the API?

One option is to edit each individual recurrence and then save it without making any changes -- then it shows up as its own unique event and is picked up by the Get Items.

Is there a way to get the recurrence period, then when an item is created, create duplicate events for each recurrence period in the Flow that the Flow would then know about?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @JSullivan 

You could use Graph API to get all the events that occur in a period of time, no matter whether they're recurring or not:  List calendarView - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft Docs

In order to use Graph API with Power Automate, you can read this excellent blog post: Build a Power Automate flow using the Graph API (techtarget.com)

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
JSullivan
Frequent Visitor

Interesting. I have opened a ticket with our administrators to add this to our Azure AD and I will update on my progress when that moves forward.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,647)