cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow Not Finding Record

Hi Community,

 

I have a Flow that is acting like my kids when I ask them to pick up after themselves. "Please take your shoes up to your room. Whaddya mean 'what shoes'? The ones right in front of you that you just tripped over."

 

The Flow is supposed to "upsert" into D365. It's adding an event (custom entity) that is tied to the account entity. The match is on the account id and date of event. The input source is an Excel spreadsheet. The first time I run the flow it adds the records as expected. When I check the output of the Create Record, I see the date being added.

Capture1.PNG

But when I run the Flow a second time, the List Records does not find the first record and returns an empty value, thereby causing the Flow to create the record again.

Capture.PNG

If I take out the event date it finds all the records for this account, so I know the account filter is working. Anyone know why that date filter isn't working? I've tried it both with and without quotes around it and it acts the same way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like anyone to chime in if there is a better solution, but here is how I made this work: I created a new text field called 'Event Identifier' and when a record is created it concatenates the account id and the event date and writes that data to the field. I then changed the query in my List Records to use that field rather than the individual fields. It worked like a charm, but I hate having to create an additional field for something that should, to me, just "work".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like anyone to chime in if there is a better solution, but here is how I made this work: I created a new text field called 'Event Identifier' and when a record is created it concatenates the account id and the event date and writes that data to the field. I then changed the query in my List Records to use that field rather than the individual fields. It worked like a charm, but I hate having to create an additional field for something that should, to me, just "work".

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (2,446)