Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow Not Finding Record

Hi Community,

I have a Flow that is acting like my kids when I ask them to pick up after themselves. "Please take your shoes up to your room. Whaddya mean 'what shoes'? The ones right in front of you that you just tripped over."

The Flow is supposed to "upsert" into D365. It's adding an event (custom entity) that is tied to the account entity. The match is on the account id and date of event. The input source is an Excel spreadsheet. The first time I run the flow it adds the records as expected. When I check the output of the Create Record, I see the date being added.

Capture1.PNG

But when I run the Flow a second time, the List Records does not find the first record and returns an empty value, thereby causing the Flow to create the record again.

Capture.PNG

If I take out the event date it finds all the records for this account, so I know the account filter is working. Anyone know why that date filter isn't working? I've tried it both with and without quotes around it and it acts the same way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Flow Not Finding Record

I would like anyone to chime in if there is a better solution, but here is how I made this work: I created a new text field called 'Event Identifier' and when a record is created it concatenates the account id and the event date and writes that data to the field. I then changed the query in my List Records to use that field rather than the individual fields. It worked like a charm, but I hate having to create an additional field for something that should, to me, just "work".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Flow Not Finding Record

I would like anyone to chime in if there is a better solution, but here is how I made this work: I created a new text field called 'Event Identifier' and when a record is created it concatenates the account id and the event date and writes that data to the field. I then changed the query in my List Records to use that field rather than the individual fields. It worked like a charm, but I hate having to create an additional field for something that should, to me, just "work".

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 217 members 4,357 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: