cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Flow Not Starting - SharePoint Item Modified

Add me to the list.  I can't get any reliable performance out of "When a file is added or modified (properties only)" trigger.  We're on the free plan, but I've let it sit overnight and still no action.   Sometimes works, but usually not.  What's up with this, MS?  Please fix?

Advocate II
Advocate II

Ditto again on our side. We are using Flow Plan 2 also and it's failing to trigger constantly or even remotely near the quoted time we are currently paying for.

Highlighted

Same problem here. On Create and Modify SharePoint Item trigger works fine on test, but not consistently in practice. The flow shows as skipped, even if a field in the item has changed. Sometimes a modification of a future, separate item will trigger a previous stalled flow as well.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any news here?

I have the same issue. My flow runs only well when i use "I'll preform the trigger action". I have a paid flow licence

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here - when will Microsoft fix this critical issue please?

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

This issue is plaguing me on a new project, really frustrating.  Just re-save the flow and it will trigger any backed up runs immediately.  Clearly some sort of bug, can't believe it's still an issue.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yep my Flows runs aren't even showing up in the log, then I edit and save the flow and it triggers all backlogged flows.

I have two Flows referencing the same SP list; one triggers when a "new item is created," and one that triggers "when an item is created or modified." The former works like a charm, the latter rarely fires.

I've seen some MS reps say in another thread that this could be due to how SharePoint batches modifications/changes to SP list items, and other threads where it's attributed to how often Flow/PowerAutomate will allow recurrent triggering. I've also seen it explained as a bug. 

Does anyone with the PA team know which explanation is correct? An answer to this alone would greatly help how I design my Flows and how much time to invest. 

I am in testing right now, so I am editing list items and testing flow triggering at a fairly rapid rate. If I'm simply testing with too short of a window for either SP or Flow to catch, that'd be helpful to know as well.

@Raj?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I was told it could take 15 minutes or longer at times depending on the type of subscription you have.

Btw, my flow always runs now within a 15 minute window max. 

thx

Madhu

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Well that's encouraging. I did test the Flow with longer window of time between modifications and it seems to have worked. Do you know of any official documentation from Flow about flow run time frames? Thanks

It says here that if you have the free plan, flows are queued to run every 15 minutes. I guess that solves it

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/billing-questions#what-happens-if-i-try-to-execute-r...

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

It is July 2020 now, the performance is not consistent. 

I don't know what plan we are on but shouldn't be Free plan. 

I have been waiting a flow with "When a file is added or modified (properties only)" trigger to kick off since 4:18 pm. Now it is 5:05 pm, nothing happened!  I have only one flow enabled now to test it. 

Yesterday at 6:09 PM I had uploaded a file which should kick off "When a file is added or modified (properties only)" trigger. The flow didn't kick off until 11:53 PM and it ran three times!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,298)