Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Flow Not Triggering

Hello all:

In a bit of an emergency....tested everything but 'Move File'. I have 124 flows that trigger when a 'file is created or modified' in a SharePoint document library. Everything works fine accept for when a file is moved into the folder. Our situation is that there are a number of files already in SharePoint document libraries that have have approval status = pending. The files were placed there before the flows were built and thus when the column formatting was added the status went to pending on all files in the lib that had not gone through the workflow approval. My main issue is that all of these files need to be moved into folders that will trigger the workflow approval process. The issue is that when a file is moved from a given folder to the folder that has the workflow attached, the flow is not triggering. I thought I tested this and it worked but not working now. It appears that the 'move file' function in SharePoint is not triggering the flow to activate even when a file is added to that folder. I there another trigger I can add that will check the approval status or run the flow regardless if a file has been moved or added to the folder? See attachments here.

Thanks all!

steps1.JPG

steps2.JPG

steps3.JPGsteps4.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Flow Not Triggering

We have a resolution: Flow will trigger upon next edit which will work for our purposes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Flow Not Triggering

We have a resolution: Flow will trigger upon next edit which will work for our purposes.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,788)